Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Microsoft Office 2007

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dear NSC...

Tomorrow my new computer will arrive. On my old PC, I have MS Office 2007... is there any way i can install this on my new PC even though all three licenses have been used?

I've tried looking at the MS website, but can't for the life of me find anything - or even a contact e-mail address...

Thanks in advance!

JTM

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If not there are some very good free alternatives.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
OpenOffice.org Opens and saves all sorts of MS Office files etc.... Wouldn't pay the money for MS Office. All you need though are the installation discs and there are plenty of tools out there that find the serial key.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Similar but different, but has anyone on here been getting this error message when trying to run Office applications:

"(Word) has not been installed for current user. Please run set up to install the application"

It only started happening very recently, and I've not conciously changed anything on my computer at all, and certainly not anything to do with user accounts / permissions etc.

Any IDEAS?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it just me that finds Microsoft Office 2007 just about UNUSABLE? Both Excel and Word, it's like, uh, OK, where's the SAVE? Where's the SAVE AS? Who's hidden the bog-standard stuff of the previous version that is the only stuff that 99% of normal human beings ever need to use? And why does it spend 20 minutes trying to load all manner of shit default options every time I want to open a simple document or spreadsheet? I'm sure MYOB has the answer to all these questions, and MORE, but in the end Micorosoft Office 2007 is frankly SHITE ???

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is it just me that finds Microsoft Office 2007 just about UNUSABLE? Both Excel and Word, it's like, uh, OK, where's the SAVE? Where's the SAVE AS? Who's hidden the bog-standard stuff of the previous version that is the only stuff that 99% of normal human beings need to use? And why does it spend 20 minutes trying to load all manner of shit default options every time I want to open a simple document or spreadsheet? Truly is SHITE ???

I thought that until I started using for a bit and actually the ribbon thing is far more intuitive than the old menu system.

Once you get your head round it, it's much much faster to use.

Takes a while though.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks all... top stuff. I will try on saturday and see what gives...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is it just me that finds Microsoft Office 2007 just about UNUSABLE? Both Excel and Word, it's like, uh, OK, where's the SAVE? Where's the SAVE AS? Who's hidden the bog-standard stuff of the previous version that is the only stuff that 99% of normal human beings ever need to use? And why does it spend 20 minutes trying to load all manner of shit default options every time I want to open a simple document or spreadsheet? I'm sure MYOB has the answer to all these questions, and MORE, but in the end Micorosoft Office 2007 is frankly SHITE ???

If you think what they've done to Word and Excel is bad, trying using ACCESS in 2007.

I think its making me go grey at this rate :nono::nono::nono:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you think what they've done to Word and Excel is bad, trying using ACCESS in 2007.

I think its making me go grey at this rate :nono::nono::nono:

That I would agree - it's terrible. I was never a huge fan of it anway, but now I wouldn't touch it with a barge poll.

Excel is vastly improved in my opinion

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A

I did think that at first, but I much prefer it now. I sometimes have to use old Word on the work pc, and it's like stepping back in time. Which it is. In a way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I did think that at first, but I much prefer it now. I sometimes have to use old Word on the work pc, and it's like stepping back in time. Which it is. In a way.

Which does seem to be the general opinion. I have been working with an applications trainer, and from her experience (and she's got lots) although the difference is a huge leap away from older versions, once you get it - you are more productive.

Might as well get used to it, that ribbon thing is going to all over windows in the next few years.

I like it - never been a huge fan of menus myself. You find yourself making huge mouse movements from the bottom of the screen to the top left hand corner - almost crossing your hands. I find the ribbon a bit more balanced.

I found something strange with menus in the last few years. I've swapped hands a few years ago, now using the mouse with my left rather than my right. With menus almost always justified to the left, I've found windows much easier to use.

My biggest hatred of windows is the tabbed page, worst thing Microsoft ever did. All it leads to is lazy interfaces - we added a bit more functionality, oh I know - lets just add another tab.

Separates things into logical groups - No not really it just hides the information on the other pages.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Agree with most on here, takes a while to get used to but then it's the bomb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here