Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky"god"adams Back At Withdean

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Following tonights result Leeds 3 Leicester 2 it looks more than likely Micky will be back next year provided we go up.

Leeds went 2 up only for Leicester to level at 2-2 with 2 goals in 2 mins. Alan Smith then scored with 4 mins to go and Vaduka was sent off in last min.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Pompey, Wolves and Leicester will all go down.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No I don't belive Micky will be back. We have a manager with a three year contract, who I belive for one is doing a good job. Not only that but if Micky was avaliable, and the club dispensed of Marks sevices, could we afford to pay compensation.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
wow, didnt know that was on tonight. its one of those games for me where i want both teams to win. i know people will slate me for this but (of course i can see the attraction of playing leeds next year) but i still want them, like west ham last year, to stay up. i dont know why but i just do. same for leicester aswell. dont give a toss about wolves or pompey. but sadly i reckon leicester will drop. nice to see adams again though.....or will he stay!?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Dover said:
No I don't belive Micky will be back. We have a manager with a three year contract, who I belive for one is doing a good job. Not only that but if Micky was avaliable, and the club dispensed of Marks sevices, could we afford to pay compensation.

I think he was talking about "as manager of Leicester City in Div 1 next season"!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Dover said:

???

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Dover said:

I think Kevin meant in his capacity at Leicester City manager. Micky would not come back to manage us, unless we were doing well in Division 1 and were at Falmer.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It would be great if Micky came back I agree but I think you should never go back it doesn't always work out. So I would prefer to see him in charge of the opposing team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
albiongirl said:
It would be great if Micky came back I agree but I think you should never go back it doesn't always work out. So I would prefer to see him in charge of the opposing team. [/QUOTE

I refer the honourable lady to the answers given a few moments ago :)

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I am as appreciative as any other Albion fan of what Micky Adams did for our club. However, I am growing rather tired of reading both his claims that his players have "performed miracles" during the last two seasons and his pleas to Leicester fans that they should remember what their club "is up against".
Leicester get crowds in excess of 30,000 for each home match, plus they receive some £30 million from Sky for being in the Premiership. In addition, the £60 million debt that they incurred, recklessly, was written off after they went into administration. The Walkers Stadium cost around £60 million to build. Effectively, then, their new stadium was built for nothing.
Micky should bear in mind how difficult it is for clubs, like Albion, that, living within their means, have to compete with the likes of Leicester.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This might be controversial but I'm not sure Mickey would want to come back as manager of Brighton because we have a crap stadium.

:jester:

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Just to put a stop to those posting.

When I said Micky Adams would be back at Withdean next year I was talking as LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGER:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Simster - just seen your avatar. Has your eldest reached Story Makers age. Good old Milton Wordsworth (actually what a complete plonker he is!).

How sick of ceebeebies are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here