Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Says we won't go down.

How the f*** does he know that, how many games has he seen of ours this season? Oh, the ones that we drew and lost against his poor side.

I love Micky and so want to trust his sincere words, but I cannot be comforted by the messiah alone.

We need to bring in ALAN CORK!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He was a pundit for sky at the home game to Palace so he watched that one too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one thing that MA has been able to do that we couldn't is persuade Dennis Wise and Don Hutchinson to sign for the remainder of the season. Either would have done us in midfield for 3 months.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Caveman said:
Mmmm let me think Coventry 30,000+ all seater state of the art stadium or converted atheletic stadium?

Boring..........these men have played in the best and the worst stadium and at their age all they wanted to do was play football at as higher standard as they could.

Jimmy Case packed up having played everywhere possible and went to Folkestone Invicta in the Kent League because he wanted to still play football before Liam Brady brought him back here.

So the Stadium is a consideration because of the finance other than that I do not believe it means a toss to people who want to carry on playing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Boring..........these men have played in the best and the worst stadium and at their age all they wanted to do was play football at as higher standard as they could.

So the Stadium is a consideration because of the finance other than that I do not believe it means a toss to people who want to carry on playing.

Withdean is a part of it and so is the training facilities. A muddy field in a University that gets frozen.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sort of related but . .

Coventry are a decent team , didn't play well on Saturday but with Adebola and McSheffrey up front + the quality of Stern John I reckon they will make a surge for play offs. If not then I reckon they could go up next year.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
BensGrandad said:

Jimmy Case packed up having played everywhere possible and went to Folkestone Invicta in the Kent League because he wanted to still play football before Liam Brady brought him back here.

So if you weren\'t a brighton fan and had the choice of Coventry or Brighton to play at for 3 months, you\'d choose brighton? Get real

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was either Dennis Wise or Don Hutchinson I would have gone to the club that offered me the opportunity to carry on playing, and the one that I thought that I would be in the first team for on most occassions, so yes I probably would have chosen Brighton over Coventry.

In Hutchinsons case he was in the reserves at Millwall he is now on the bench at Coventry. He is nearer playing than at Milwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here