Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Moore on Question Time

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So what did we think of MM on Question Time last night? Again he was forthright, based his answers on fact and knew how to shoot down the bullshitters. Unfortuntately he got hoisted by his own petard about Springer-tactics and got trapped a couple of times. Wish he'd sometimes look for the killer line rather than attacking everything. Thought the woman from Miama Dade County came out best.... thoughtful and reasonably unpolitical. Thought the audience was dreadful and Littlejohn... who was surprisingly calm still gave me enough reasons why I would never buy the Sun.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That was the most BORING Question Time I've ever seen, really showed up Americans to be stupid whooping idiots (I know they aren't really...). Every time somebody tried to make a point their 'supporters' would cheer and the opposition would boo, you cuold hardly ever hear what was being said. Quite funny when Moore commented that you couldn't fool the British and kind of hinted that Americans weren't able to understand most of what was going on in the Middle East.
Pointless and irritationg, that's what it was.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Thought the show was somewhat spoilt by the American audience whooping and booing all the time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes... don't think they quite understood the format. I think Littlejohn was a wake-up call for MM. At his concert last year he was saying how Bush would not get elected in the UK... how we understood things better etc... how we all knew the war was wrong......... Littlejohn put him right on that.,..we have wankers over here too!!!

BTW... was not referring to you Richie and GG :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Superseagull said:
The trouble with Moore is that he sometimes fails to engage brain before opening his mouth.

Lack of education probably. I don't think he's got a well educated background but thats more credit to him for what he's achieved.

Originally posted by Chapmans The Saviour

That was the most BORING Question Time I've ever seen, really showed up Americans to be stupid whooping idiots (I know they aren't really...). Every time somebody tried to make a point their 'supporters' would cheer and the opposition would boo, you cuold hardly ever hear what was being said. Quite funny when Moore commented that you couldn't fool the British and kind of hinted that Americans weren't able to understand most of what was going on in the Middle East.
Pointless and irritationg, that's what it was.

Exactly what I thought. It's supposed to be a political debate but they seemed to think it was panto. I still can't believe that people are justifying Bush's decision to got to war because they ousted Sadamm despite the fact that that wasns't the reason for it. They're so blinkered. It's as if they can't admit to themselves that they're president lied to them.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was disappointed with Michael Moore, as he seemed to be more interested in waving the Democrat flag than engaging in debate.

Surely as a writer and journalist he should be trying to influence the way Republicans / Conservatives think, rather than dismissing them and thereby alienating almost half of the programme's viewers?

I though the woman from Dade County was awful - her only answer seemed to be "blame the politicians", "blame this" "blame that" etc.

Littlejohn was OK until he started kissing Yank ass by banging on about the Special Relationship and how you can't really trust fairweather friends "like France, Belgium, Germany and Russia".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

Littlejohn was OK until he started kissing Yank ass by banging on about the Special Relationship and how you can't really trust fairweather friends "like France, Belgium, Germany and Russia".

That did make me cringe.

He kind of had a point though. Howver it did seem that every time Littlejohn got a chance to speak he was trying to win himself a bit of exposure to America.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Pavilionaire said:
I was disappointed with Michael Moore, as he seemed to be more interested in waving the Democrat flag than engaging in debate.

Surely as a writer and journalist he should be trying to influence the way Republicans / Conservatives think, rather than dismissing them and thereby alienating almost half of the programme's viewers?

I though the woman from Dade County was awful - her only answer seemed to be "blame the politicians", "blame this" "blame that" etc.

That's pretty much what I thought, bar the bit about Littlejohn being OK.

Predictable performance from the bigoted right wing twat Littlejohn. Up until the last question he gave a half reasonable performance by his standards. He then let his facade slip by his attacks on Europeans and his idiotic remark that Michhael Moore by attacking Bush, was also attacking every American serviceman. Some of the audience particularly the republican sympathisers were cringeworthy. They really have been brainwashed by the Bush administration spin machine. Bush's former speachwriter showed us exactly why he is no longer writing his speaches! Worst of the lot was the guy who was a member of the Clinton administration. Incoherent waffler who went all around the World when presented with a question.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have to agree about Blumenthal.... he's very good at the written word but I don't think he can think fast enough to speak in front of people. What pissed me off no end was that smug republican woman who justified Iraqi invasion by saying all women were now free. Which piece of Republican nonsense was this? In fact Iraqi women are actually worse off! The people behind the new Irqi governement, no matter what Bush apologists may say, are closer to Islamic fundamentalism than Saddam ever was. Has anyone forgotten that one of the the Pro-Saddam scientists the kidnappers want freed is a woman and that there were actually women's brigades in Saddam's armies?

The disinformation in the US is truly frightening.

I was disappointed by the indoctrinated Republicans, who were saying Bush is right, regardless of any argument. Surely, you can support someone without rose tinted spectacles. The fact these people beleive, without question, everything they are told, explains all too well the American condition.

Moore did ok, but got dragged in to sensationalism.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that the longer Bush stays in the White House the more support grows for the pro-Europe idea.

Pavilionaire said:
I think that the longer Bush stays in the White House the more support grows for the pro-Europe idea.

You may have a point - I look forward to Littlejohn realising this!

I thought it was an interesting metacommentary on the state of S politics (across the spectrum). Politics as Panto - it's as simple as that. Unfortunately, of course, ours is getting more and more like that, too (not helped by panto dames like Littlejohn).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Pavilionaire said:

Yes but she was telling the truth, after the last cock up in Florida, money was set aside to sort it, but the politicians have instead spent 4 years manipulating the system to suit their own political ends.

I thought she was an intelligent articulate panellist, for an American.

..... and besides Pav.,..... who would you think was to blame?????

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Despite the whooping I quite enjoyed it....until Littlejohn showed all his true populist rent-a-gob colours at the end with his hilarious comment about Michael Moore offering Britons a distorted view of America and insulting their troops in doing so.

Yep, THE SUN'S Richard Littlejohn complaining about the distortion of truth.

He's a c u n t

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I thought Michael Moore sounded really stupid at times - he just seemed to think certainly towards the end that everything was a big con. Also laughing that the "English" were friends like it shouldnt happen didnt make him sound any better.

I thought a lot of Littlejohns comments were very just, but his problem along with a lot of tabloid reporters is that he also doesnt come across very well - and needs to learn to engage his brain first!!!

On the whole if I was American I would definitely vote for Kerry, whose policies as told by his supporters understandably came across certainly the better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Half the reason as to why Bush got in is because the voting populace in the US are so apathetic that they just don't bother to vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here