Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Standing on SCR

Albion Rob

I thought he was pretty good as a summariser last night. seemed genuinely excited whenever the Albion got a chance and I thought he was pretty knowledgeable and informative for such young bloke. In fact the whole of last night's commentary was the best I've heard on SCR for a while.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah quick question - which club did he say he was with , is it still bradford ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing right he should be excited but then again he did choose Bradford over us when he left Villa.

He was a good player when i used to play against him when he was a t Hove Park Colts but never looked as though he could go professional, fair play to him, i still think he was scagged up last night though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kept saying "we" and sounded like a Brighton fan. Can't understand why he chose Bradford rather than us, presuming that we were interested in him at the time?

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
Icy Gull said:
Kept saying "we" and sounded like a Brighton fan. Can't understand why he chose Bradford rather than us, presuming that we were interested in him at the time?

He was training with us at the beginning of last season

The Beaconsfield

Aug 17, 2003
The reason he chose Bradford over us was that they were able to offer him a full time contract. His offer from us was short-term. given his age he cannot be criticised for turning down an offer that lacked belief in him.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Why is everyone banging on about Bradford? He's currently playing for Grismby (I thought) and has scored a few goals for them already this season

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Why is everyone banging on about Bradford? He's currently playing for Grismby (I thought) and has scored a few goals for them already this season

Grimsby? ???

He's definitely still at Bradford and mentioned it several times last night.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Icy Gull said:
Kept saying "we" and sounded like a Brighton fan.

Yeah I picked up on that - he said 'we' loads... can't deny where your heart is son!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He sounded quite knowledgeable last night.

Better than Norman "not in my day" Gall at any rate.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Echo the comments above, did a good job for a young lad. Wonder if any Bradford fans were tuning in and heard his 'we' comments lol.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
made a good point about albion playing better football against higher division teams because of different style of play etc.

yeah was impressed, although he did slip up when we missed a chance right near the end and he said...ughhhh could have got home earlier if he had scored that :dunce:

Last edited:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Thought it was funny when he said "it doesn't matter who you are, no-ones inflammable".

Didn't agree with his comment about Boateng unlikely to have lashed out at Harding saying he was very religious when he knew him at Villa. I remember Boateng involved in a handful of quite nasty incidents.

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Yeah i thought the inflammable comment was hilarious though i thought i may have mis-heard it thanx for the conformation!:clap2: :lolol:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Dunkstar said:
Yeah i thought the inflammable comment was hilarious though i thought i may have mis-heard

You probably thought you'd misheard because the other bloke then said "That's right".

Still, I suppose technically he was right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here