Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael McIntyre

What do you reckon?

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Terrible and smug with it.

The sort of comedian that people who are not into stand-up comedy like. The comedy equivilent of 'rock' bands like Nickleback.

Someone the girl from your office can go and see with her boyfriend and claim she is into comedy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The sort of comedian that people who are not into stand-up comedy like. The comedy equivilent of 'rock' bands like Nickleback.

Someone the girl from your office can go and see with her boyfriend and claim she is into comedy.

Quite. My mum "rocks" as much as Nickelback.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think he has some great observations, and potential for some good jokes, it is just his voice can be annoying (the high pitch and shouting) and his mannerisms can be way over the top. I dont think he is as bad as the people on here make. There is nothing wrong with it, its just not brilliant.

He must be succesful enough to get a road show and a prime time TV show.

and no I dont like NIckleback

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry guys, I've gone for very funny ... timing is excellent and material topical

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another "cool to slag off" victim. The guy is excellent at what he does and I have no wish to join the "cool gang" thanks

I've seen Richie's attempt at stand up and I know which I prefer, it's not the one who relys on a bit of swearing and smut

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think he has some great observations, and potential for some good jokes, it is just his voice can be annoying (the high pitch and shouting) and his mannerisms can be way over the top. I dont think he is as bad as the people on here make. There is nothing wrong with it, its just not brilliant.
Completely agree with that. Has some decent material, and a good mix to his act, but his delivery can be annoying. Very much into stand-up comedy myself, and generally prefer different styles, but he's the easily accessible sort of comedian, and I can see why people would like him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He must be succesful enough to get a road show and a prime time TV show.

and no I dont like NIckleback
I agree with that, except I can't honestly say I'd describe his observations as "great".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with that, except I can't honestly say I'd describe his observations as "great".

I take it that you don't have a man drawer? That was a f***ing brilliant observation to me, as I had just about everything he mentions in a drawer (worryingly)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I take it that you don't have a man drawer? That was a f***ing brilliant observation to me, as I had just about everything he mentions in a drawer (worryingly)
Yes I'm sure there are one or two examples of great observations, but generally they're just blindingly obvious ones. And I don't really relate to this idea of a man drawer either I'm afraid. :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is absolutely hilarious. He is the funniest man around at the moment, and is absolutely brilliant. Wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, your sex is on fireeeeeee. Classic. :thumbsup:

"..... and then he reached into his pocket... and pulled out a book". :laugh:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Hear what you are saying but it's hardly surprising given that he is on telly every 5 minutes at the moment.

I watched all of his recent series and thought it was ok. To be honest his bits didn't translate on TV as well as they did seeing them live.

I went to "that" gig at the Komedia and he made me laugh an awful lot. Therefore I think they guy is funny.

Went to see Richard Herring do his Edinburgh warm up (Hitler Mustache) last week and it didn't make me laugh anywhere near as much. Very clever show, but not as funny. Does that make MM a better comic than RH? Dunno, you are the expert you tell me.

Hating something just because it's mainstream is pretty gay in my opinion.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
And I don't really relate to this idea of a man drawer either I'm afraid. :shrug:

Tsk.. Gotta question your whole 'manliness' then i'm afraid..

You've nicely reassured me here, thanks.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

As people would say in an argument about Wilkins - this is your opinon not fact. Fact is what this poll is sugesting, that twice as many people think he is funny than don't. (at the time of writing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here