Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Atilla

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
may I say, the music now been played at the stadium of tedious unatmospheric claptrap, has improved 1000%.

I think we ought to "own" the "Liquidator" song. I know it is Wolverhampton Wanderers song, but they are just a bunch of midland thugs, therefore do not deserve such a decent song!

de de deeeeeee, deee de deeededee da da da da da da da da ...f*** of palace!

see it even fits!!!

Also, any chance of playing the greatest Ska track ever written.....Mirror in the Bathroom, by the Beat?

Cheers mate

Dave , Harty's Media Whore:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
I think we ought to "own" the "Liquidator" song. I know it is Wolverhampton Wanderers song, but they are just a bunch of midland thugs, therefore do not deserve such a decent song!

de de deeeeeee, deee de deeededee da da da da da da da da ...f*** of palace!

Don't Chelsea play it anymore? ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always associated The Liquidator with Chelsea as well!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dont think so! Last time I heard it away from Withdean, the FA tried to stop it being played at WW. Seemly before any game they played it and in the chorus a huge f*** OFF WEST BROM was chanted by everyone in the Wolves ground.....they said it was counter productive in trying to get the two clubs to cut down on violence between the fans

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave - you could at least get the poor bloke's name right. I mean you wouldn't like it if he started a post called 'Message to Gaferr' now, wouldya? :dunce:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
The music I would love to hear more often at the Withdean would be...

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come up and see me)
Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
Ian Dury - Hit me with your rhythem sticks, what a waste, reasons to be cheerful part 3, sex & drugs & rock n roll or my favourite f*** of Noddy
System of a down - any will do
grease soundtrack (preferbly the Less Than Jake cover versions of Greased Lightening or We Go Together but any version will do)
Undertones - Teenage Kicks
S Club 7 - Reach
Sex Pistols (any from the bollocks album)
Sum 41 - any apart from the Half Hour of Power album
(im being serious you know!)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cereal Killer said:

S Club 7 - Reach

(im being serious you know!)
but you must be kidding about that one

Cereal Killer said:
S Club 7 - Reach
Sex Pistols (any from the bollocks album)

Now I'd definitely applaud a megamix of those two :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
Dave - you could at least get the poor bloke's name right. I mean you wouldn't like it if he started a post called 'Message to Gaferr' now, wouldya? :dunce:

That is the second time you have picked me up on something:angry: :angry: :angry:

Bugger off

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Id like to hear:

- Saturdays Kids, The Jam
- Rat Race, The Specials
- Seaside. The Ordinary Boys ("The seaside needs us more then ever...wo wo wo wo wo wo wooooo")
- I predict a riot, The Kaiser Chiefs
- Geno, Dexys Midnight Runners
- My perfect cousin, The Undertones

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes but Richie

When you get to withdean look around you. The proportion of youngsters like yourself to oldies like me, must be about 3 to 1 in my favour.

Therefore it is rediculous to suggest Attilla ( happy now Tom) will be able to please the majority of the crowd, as most of them just thinks what he plays is a cacophany.

At least playing something modern, ie from the charts will appeal to everyone as almost everyone you speak to will at some time listen to Southern FM, therefore will hear charts stuff.

just cos Attilla doesn't agree with the charts or that sort of music, alienates vast tracts of the crowd.

The best music I ever heard was at Old Trafford, a mixture of chart stuff and football anthems.....not PC in Attilla's eyes, but acceptable to everyone else.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Noboy wants to hear pop music apart from 13 year old girls who do not make up much of the Withdean crowd.;)

Good call to Harty by the way Dave. One of the few sensible calls.:clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why thankyou Mr Richie

Aleays a pleasure to give the sensible point of view. I was listening to the phone in getting suicidal from all the crap that was being spouted.

Nothing wrong with Chart stuff...i listen to Capital FM/Virgin and Heart FM at work!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
why thankyou Mr Richie

Aleays a pleasure to give the sensible point of view. I was listening to the phone in getting suicidal from all the crap that was being spouted.

Nothing wrong with Chart stuff...i listen to Capital FM/Virgin and Heart FM at work!

I know how you feel. I was sat next to some guy going on about how Knight should sell Brighton, as if anyone would want to buy them with no ground and 2m debt. He also said we should be playing at Fratton Park. Gee. Great idea..you clueless tool.

I felt a right geek when you came on the radio because I went "Ooh, I know him" to which I was asked how.."Oh...off the internet :blush: :( "

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you should have said...no..he was one of the REMF people!!!

That tends to shut people up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here