Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza's blog - reflections on Norwich game

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Mendoza deserves a medal for his loyalty. Excellent blog.

I felt saddened after the game - not angry. I just hope Poyet and the players keep working. We must be able to do better.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
extremely well written and descriptive.

Makes a refreshing change.

Nice one Brettipoos

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
:clap2::clap2::clap2::bowdown:

If only there were others...

There are many of us, but few shout about it! (and yes I was there last night!).

Sorry Mendoza but your thread last year proclaiming the "170(?) heroes at Hartlepool" (which included yourself!), still grates. For the record a hero is someone who faces the Taliban day in, day out, or who rescues a baby from a burning house, not someone fortunate enough to have the cash/job to go on a jolly up country to see their beloved football team.

Rant over and I enjoyed the latest entry in your blog.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Mendoza deserves a medal for his loyalty. Excellent blog.

I'm not the only mug, I go with the same people. You were there too don't forget.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::bowdown:

If only there were others...

Agree with you, though I wrote the blog, it's not really about me me me. Just what I saw and praising the others that went too

There are many of us, but few shout about it! (and yes I was there last night!).

Sorry Mendoza but your thread last year proclaiming the "170(?) heroes at Hartlepool" (which included yourself!), still grates. For the record a hero is someone who faces the Taliban day in, day out, or who rescues a baby from a burning house, not someone fortunate enough to have the cash/job to go on a jolly up country to see their beloved football team.

Rant over and I enjoyed the latest entry in your blog.

That thread was in jest, talking about how ridiculous it was going to such a rubbish game miles from home. I agree with aboutheroes, just that thread cMe across the wrong way

Oh and to everyone else, thanks for the kind feedback:)

Think you're being a little harsh. I'm pretty sure wasn't Mendoza wasn't actually comparing football fans to soldiers or firemen.

Are you saying you've never described Peter Ward or Bobby Zamora as a legend?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Think you're being a little harsh. I'm pretty sure wasn't Mendoza wasn't actually comparing football fans to soldiers or firemen.

Are you saying you've never described Peter Ward or Bobby Zamora as a legend?

You are probably right on the harsh bit.

The difference is it was Mendoza insinuating himself a hero, whereas I doubt Bobby or PW do call themselves legends (least not in public but maybe in front of the mirror!).

Anyhow, Mendoza has explained himself so lets move on!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Great read apart from the word COUCH. Did you have to go on the sidewalk, past the trash cans and the shopping mall to get to the soccer Brettles?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Glad you enjoyed it, good to have you along for the ride.

PS, has anyone found my Yorkie bar at Bitchhanger?

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Really great blog there!! You're right I don't know why so many do it but we still keep going!!! I look forward to the next blog, talking of a big win at the weekend and hopefully a big draw in the third round!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I love Brett, don't get me wrong, but it miffs me off when people say stuff like that.

Love you to Richie, I didnt ask him to write that, I dont know why he did that. I have never said Im the only one that goes to games, I love being part of the atmosphere that makes an away crowd. Hence I write about it.

A little bit less self-indulgent and it would be a good read.

I was told by the blog expert, Sir Tim of Hove Born and Bred fame, that blogs are about your personal experiences, so thats what I did. If its wrong, then I will change the style.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blogs are what you want them to be mate, I just think you maybe leave yourself open to some of the spoons on here to bring up the 'hero' shananigans.

Good read though fella.

D

Deleted User X18H

Love you to Richie, I didnt ask him to write that, I dont know why he did that. I have never said Im the only one that goes to games, I love being part of the atmosphere that makes an away crowd. Hence I write about it.

I was told by the blog expert, Sir Tim of Hove Born and Bred fame, that blogs are about your personal experiences, so thats what I did. If its wrong, then I will change the style.

Indeed it is pointless to pen a secondary or belated match report. Naylor, Talbot or Cantor will have already done this thrice over. A blog is very much a personal account, drawing the reader in to share what you have experienced following the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here