Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mechanics - Advice

paul1960

Feb 26, 2007
Sussex
Partner knocked someones wing mirror the other day and broke glass etc(Vauuxhall Astra)

Quoted over £200 to replace , any advice or is this reasonable ?

Breakdown as follows:

44.23 inc vat - glass
£73.80 inc vat - mirror body
£34.40 inc vat - back cover
£48 - labour

£200.43

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Partner knocked someones wing mirror the other day and broke glass etc(Vauuxhall Astra)

Quoted over £200 to replace , any advice or is this reasonable ?

Breakdown as follows:

44.23 inc vat - glass
£73.80 inc vat - mirror body
£34.40 inc vat - back cover
£48 - labour

£200.43

I imagine you could get one from the G W Bridges breakers in Pease Pottage for about £50? Depends how willing to play ball the claimant is I guess. I can't imagine that fitting is that complicated but I can't say I know anything about Vauxhalls, so maybe wrong.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is it manual or electric and does the back come in the correct colour or need paint.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Someone kicked off a wing mirror on my Rover 200 last year. Cost me £15 to get another one on eBay :thumbsup:
Don't think that helps your cause much though...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If its just Glass then most cars have a small access hole wide enough to stick a very slim screwdriver into-the type you use to fix watches with-at the bottom of the mirror outer plastic casing,use the screwdriver to slide the glass of it's cradle,tricky and fiddly especially if you don't know how or where to place the screw driver,but 99% of all car wing mirrors the glass can be changed,no matter what the manufacturer may claim..

£300 for a wing mirror seems the box standard rate these days-as a previous poster has stated-try G W Bridges or get one on line etc and try and get a friend to fit,in most cases a wing mirror can be changed,dependent on electrical connection position in minutes..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here