Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meadow Lane ...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great day out but boy were those stewards edgy, no sticks on flags and were very anxious about Albion fans going on the pitch. Pity a couple gave them good reason for there over the top presence. Good day though!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Don't know which woodwork some of our "fans" crawled out of today but some of them where completely vile. One fat middle aged idiot spent the whole second half bawling four letter words (two of them) at anyone on the pitch who came within earshot (Albion excepted) Would post pictures but I doubt if they can read - so wouldn't come on here !

Performance was disappointing too - much too easily out-muscled by County who were really fired up.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Don't know which woodwork some of our "fans" crawled out of today but some of them where completely vile. One fat middle aged idiot spent the whole second half bawling four letter words (two of them) at anyone on the pitch who came within earshot (Albion excepted) Would post pictures but I doubt if they can read - so wouldn't come on here !

Performance was disappointing too - much too easily out-muscled by County who were really fired up.

Not sure how many we brought, but with the heat, last game of the season and relatively easy journey from Brighton and pubs from Notts station, the ingredients were there for all types of Brighton fans attending today's game.

On the whole, thought the atmosphere by us was brilliant at Hooters, concourse in the away end of Meadow Lane prior to k-o and the opening twenty-minutes or so of the game.

After that the majority of noise stemmed from KOP.

The pitch invasion was interesting to watch, as was the beautiful love-in between both sets of fans at the end.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
How did Kasim play? Today was the only away game I have missed all season! be great to hear the lowdown. Ta

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
as we are on a warning from the league for our earlier pitch invasions - silly as though that may be - the stewards may have done us a big favour today

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Just got back from the game... disembarked at Luton Airport Parkway only to find out 2 minutes prior that Tony Bloom had been in the next carriage all along. Grr.

£61 for travel to Nottingham and the match ticket, and a pretty dire game. The pitch seemed pretty terrible which upset our passing game again. We do seem to struggle badly against the opposition when we can't pass it around - and Notts County were doing their bit to close us down quickly as soon as we had any kind of possession, usually forcing mistakes and hurried passes and hoofs upfield. Still, end of the season and - despite still being bitter over the 1991 play-off final, I'm glad that County didn't get relegated after our game today.

Bit disappointing to see some of our lot hurling abuse and wishing them to go down whilst proudly boasting about the quality of our "championes" when we were struggling to put 2 passes together - when we've been in their situation enough times to know what it feels like to be at the wrong end of the table. As they were celebrating staying up, it seemed like we had the attitude of "what do we care? We're GOING up"... a bit of compassion wouldn't have gone amiss, but maybe I've got too much heart and not enough alcohol in my bloodstream.

But, yeah. Disappointing football right at the end but an incredible season. Bring on the Championship at the Amex.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
great day out ,as said above shame about the performance though, good to catch up with some of NSC's finest Das , the Rev etc

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not sure how many we brought, but with the heat, last game of the season and relatively easy journey from Brighton and pubs from Notts station, the ingredients were there for all types of Brighton fans attending today's game.

On the whole, thought the atmosphere by us was brilliant at Hooters, concourse in the away end of Meadow Lane prior to k-o and the opening twenty-minutes or so of the game.

After that the majority of noise stemmed from KOP.

The pitch invasion was interesting to watch, as was the beautiful love-in between both sets of fans at the end.

Exactly this. All of Brighton's humanity was there, unfortunately rather too many of the dregs but it was nevertheless a great party atmosphere with all the fancy dress and it was good to see Ashley's wonder strike and be part of the love-in!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Good to see Mr Everyone again, having met him way back on the 1st day of the season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree stewards did do us a favour but we do attract a certain element that can only do us harm as we attract bigger crowds. Talking to forest and county fans later in the day the majority hold us in high esteem!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I got on the pitch and took a few pictures, though whilst some Albion fans were angrily trying to burst through the stewards, me and my brother calmly exited the away section, walked out and around the perimeter to the opposite stand, and walked straight in through the exit gate and onto the pitch.....albeit we had no colours on.

We stayed for mad dogs Martin Allens speech and players parade long after most Albion fans had gone. County fans were all good humoured

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I got on the pitch and took a few pictures, though whilst some Albion fans were angrily trying to burst through the stewards, me and my brother calmly exited the away section, walked out and around the perimeter to the opposite stand, and walked straight in through the exit gate and onto the pitch.....albeit we had no colours on.

We stayed for mad dogs Martin Allens speech and players parade long after most Albion fans had gone. County fans were all good humoured

I wish i thought of that :S

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just been watching some youtube vids from Notts County fans on the pitch....we sound superb !

Lovely finish to the season yesterday - Nottingham's a beautiful city and the fans' love in at the end capped everything off a treat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here