Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McShane to sign?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
ALBION loan star Paul McShane could be on a collision course with Manchester United, paving the way for a possible permanent move to the Seagulls.

McShane does not want to return to a diet of more reserve team football at Old Trafford once his loan with Albion expires just before Christmas.

The 19-year-old Republic of Ireland international centre half, outstanding again in Saturday's goalless draw at Preston, signed a new two-year contract with United at the end of last season.

He is due to return to Old Trafford on December 21, but McShane revealed: "I wouldn't want to go back to play in the reserves.

"I'll have to sit down with my parents and the club and see what the future holds for me.

"I don't want to play in the reserves again, because I would see that as a step backwards. I want to just keep progressing. I want to make a name for myself.

"The first team squad is so big and it's quite frustrating. I think I'm better than some of the players in the first team but they have got a name, they are experienced and they are on ten grand a week."

Albion manager Mark McGhee said: "I don't know United's thoughts but Paul has been excellent for us and he has got a future, there is no doubt about that. It could be here, who knows?"

Gary Hart is on standby for his first start of the campaign at rightback against Plymouth at Withdean today as Jason Dodd is a doubt with a foot injury.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
ALBION loan star Paul McShane could be on a collision course with Manchester United, paving the way for a possible permanent move to the Seagulls.

McShane does not want to return to a diet of more reserve team football at Old Trafford once his loan with Albion expires just before Christmas.

The 19-year-old Republic of Ireland international centre half, outstanding again in Saturday's goalless draw at Preston, signed a new two-year contract with United at the end of last season.

He is due to return to Old Trafford on December 21, but McShane revealed: "I wouldn't want to go back to play in the reserves.

"I'll have to sit down with my parents and the club and see what the future holds for me.

"I don't want to play in the reserves again, because I would see that as a step backwards. I want to just keep progressing. I want to make a name for myself.

"The first team squad is so big and it's quite frustrating. I think I'm better than some of the players in the first team but they have got a name, they are experienced and they are on ten grand a week."

Albion manager Mark McGhee said: "I don't know United's thoughts but Paul has been excellent for us and he has got a future, there is no doubt about that. It could be here, who knows?"

Gary Hart is on standby for his first start of the campaign at rightback against Plymouth at Withdean today as Jason Dodd is a doubt with a foot injury.

Blimey Rogue you dirty stop out you posted this whilst I was also posting !

Sorry all !

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Do i win a prize for being the quickest?:clap2:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
McShane to sign permanently?

"The first team squad is so big and it's quite frustrating. I think I'm better than some of the players in the first team but they have got a name, they are experienced and they are on ten grand a day."

Albion manager Mark McGhee said: "I don't know United's thoughts but Paul has been excellent for us and he has got a future, there is no doubt about that. It could be here, who knows, but no doubt those twats at Reading will nick him just as we think we have a deal"

Mark McCammon is on standby for his first start of the Championship at rightback against Plymouth at Withdean today as Jason Dodd is a doubt with a foot injury. McGhee has praised the strker for his versatility "Only the other day he made me an excellent Victoria sponge with raspberry jam and whisky filling", said the manager.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
How many more threads on this:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Excellent

I'd like a Victoria sponge like that as well.
;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good news. I just hope no other clubs wants to entice him.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Seriously,How much do you think he is worth?

100K with a sell on clause? 50k now rest on appearences?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wouldn't have a clue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
United normally look for around £300k for their youth players, so we have no chance

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I would say McShane is far superior to Dan Harding...........and we could end up getting £850,000 for him, so i don't think we could afford him.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I , I, Coppell alert???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BRIGHT ON Q said:
I , I, Coppell alert???

McShane is ginger as well

(Ps, it should be aye aye) ;)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps we should have another whip round. How much is in the Buy a Player fund? ???

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Not a bad idea

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its like i have said before,players like this are if anything are an investment.What is Sidwell worth now?.Surely the board can see this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Its like i have said before,players like this are if anything are an investment.What is Sidwell worth now?.Surely the board can see this.

Sidwell had the choice of playing at the Mad Stad or at Withdean, we matched his wage demands, and yet he chose to play in a 22,000 all seater stadium to a Lego ground with a sand pit, I wonder why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here