Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McPhee talking about a move

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Looks like he's realised he's not got much future at Withdean - from the Swindon Advertiser:

Onuora keen on McPhee
By Jon Ritson

CHRIS McPhee could be set for an extended stay in Wiltshire with manager Iffy Onuora admitting he'd be a useful addition to our squad'.

The striker has not scored for Town since joining from Brighton and Hove Albion on loan but his overall contribution has impressed the Town boss.

No guarantees or promises on either side but the two are going to talk about the future.

McPhee, pictured left, has started the last six games, the latter two alongside Lukas Jutkiewicz in attack.

He said: "I came here expecting to score a few goals but unfortunately for both me and the team, they haven't come.

"I've given it everything but been unlucky not to find the net.

"You come to a club on loan and you're not sure what you're going to get.

"I'm going to have a chat with the manager, see what he says and we'll take it from there.

"As far as I'm concerned it doesn't come down to money or the length of a contract. It comes down to football.

"I've been unlucky in my career with long-term injuries and I've not been able to play a lot of football.

"If I sit down with Iffy and he offers me a decent chance to play football then I'll take it very, very seriously.

"I have to talk to people at Brighton as well. I really have to think about my future.

"I just want to play football. I've really, really enjoyed my time here and I'm just disappointed we've been relegated and I haven't scored."

As for Onuora, he sees something in the Withdean striker, not that it's sign here' just yet.

He said: "I want to have a chat with Chris and see where we go.

"With what he gives us I think he'd be a useful addition to the squad.

"I'm not saying that's a cut and dried thing. He might have other things on his mind. But I've been pleased with what I've seen of him."

10:57am Monday 8th May 2006

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
You can't fault his commitment, he always puts himself about and tries hard, shame he can't find the net on a regular basis though. Might get a few goals at League 2 level with Swindon though.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Get him back, I would keep him as back up for the target man we will hopefully get.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally, I'd be happy for us to let him go. Works hard but doesn't ever look like he'll score.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He didn't score at Aldershot either.

Was keeping Trevor Benjamin out of the side at the end.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly, some players, nice blokes though they may be, just reach their level or just above it, then slowly sink. Chris McPhee's a decent lad, but the only time he hacked it was as the guy who got chopped for Leon's myriad penalties. Then he got crocked longtime and the Albion side moved onwards and upwards without him. He never did pick up the pace again, after he came back from injury.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
gvce26 said:
Nice bloke living his dream, wish him the best!

Can't argue with that...hope he does eventually manage to score a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here