Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McPhee off??????

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I hope its just for a month, he bangs a few in and gets his chance here. I like McPhee and feel he could do a job for us if he had the chance, the fans got behind him and he had a little luck.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Les Biehn said:
I hope its just for a month, he bangs a few in and gets his chance here. I like McPhee and feel he could do a job for us if he had the chance, the fans got behind him and he had a little luck.

I agree with you.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If it is the final part of the jigsaw that allows Mcghee the money to bring the elusive loan signing in then it can only be a good thing.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Superseagull said:
If it is the final part of the jigsaw that allows Mcghee the money to bring the elusive loan signing in then it can only be a good thing.

Nanny Mcphee's wages cant be that high .. if thats the final stumbling block removed then we are well and truely up shit creek !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
happy for this but we do need to bring someone in now more than ever as even are not so good options are gone

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be fair, having read the article, it seems that Boston targeted him and asked if there was a chance of having him, rather than us pushing his name about looking to get rid.

Plus has already been said that we have the funds to bring in the loan signing, just trying to find someone

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Les Biehn said:
Do you think Kuipers suggested him?

Possibly.

But didn't he play (and score) against them in the LDV a few seasons ago?

They may remember him from then.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Evans' Seagulls swoop hopes Thu, Feb 23 2006 10:57
Boston boss Steve Evans is hoping he has been successful in his attempt to sign Brighton striker Chris McPhee after making a loan bid.
The Pilgrims chief is busy trying to bolster his side's ranks and he will find out in the next 24 hours if he has been successful with his bid.
Landing McPhee may be his toughest task as the player is still involved at Brighton and the Seagulls may be unwilling to do business as they fight to stay in the Championship.

"We should find out today about both loan deals," confirmed Evans. "If we are okay to bring both players in, then that is what we'll do.

"They could go either way. McPhee has been involved at Brighton, so they may want to keep him at the club.

"However, I'm hopeful that something can be sorted in time for the trip to Stockport this weekend."

a sad day if he goes:nono:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Am I missing something here? McPhee is a player who's had loads of chances and has never looked like he's going to make it at this level. Let's ship him off to Boston, he get's another chance at least and he may find his level

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Voroshilov said:
Am I missing something here? McPhee is a player who's had loads of chances and has never looked like he's going to make it at this level. Let's ship him off to Boston, he get's another chance at least and he may find his level

And guaranteed to feature on Soccer Am every week.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we go down, he may be needed next season.

McGhee has often said he thinks McPhee has a future at the club.

Getting him a few games might be good for all parties.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
It must be a good move! We have plenty of strikers and are scoring so many goals he has no chance of playing. ???

We need to save his wages to bring-in a left back, midfielder, target man... ... etc. etc. on loan. :nono:

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i don't care what people say its alright sending people out on loan if you get someone in but i honestly believe we are trying to get the wage bill down because the club know that the team WILL get relagated this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here