Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcleish on the brink of being sacked.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Villa is the only job I'm really worries about Gus going for.

Blank canvas, big fanbase etc etc.

GULP.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Villa is the only job I'm really worries about Gus going for.

Blank canvas, big fanbase etc etc.

GULP.

Agree ... none of the others mentioned in the past have had any credibility with me but this is one where there's a reasonable fit. Gus wants to manage in the Prem and he can't realistically expect to do better than this. On the other hand Villa won't be able to take any successful Prem manager I doubt (maybe Rogers or Martinez) and will look for a "rising star" or possibly abroad?

If he does go to Villa or elsewhere not too concerned, reckon we could now pull a quality replacement

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus is either:
a) not good enough for us, he's shown his limits and we should look for someone else
b) brilliant, and going to be poached by one of the big clubs

There is no c).

It's strange how people think Gus would be ahead of the likes of Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers for big club jobs.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The ultimate meltdown in Birmingham would be if Villa went for Houghton. Nicking your nearest rivals manager two seasons on the trot? That would go down well in the blue half of the city.

The funny thing is - Its not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I wouldn't rule Sven out of the running for the Villa job to be honest, even though he's crap. He seems to employ some sort of Jedi mind trick to get hired, and well, he's going to apply isn't he?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I just don't think Villa would go for Gus... we finished 10th, that's 10th in the league below their one... the Villa fans are restless... would the board really want to go for someone unproven at EPL level? I doubt it TBH... Lambert is possible...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
GP to Villa, we'll get Curbs.
That's what I heard Sat night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here