Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McIlroy - young and fearless (or foolish)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You love a young player in any sport who just knows no fear and goes for it, but in this case, surely someone has to ask what the caddy was doing. That would seem like a sitiation where the older, wiser head carrying his bag should step in and say, "No Rory, this could break your wrist."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure of the situation you are commenting on. But I'm a biit gutted that another European tour golfer is leaving us for the US. Especially a British one.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He has sustained a wrist and forearm injury. After being up against the root of a tree, he decided against the sideways recovery shot back onto the fairway, and played out straight despite inevitably jarring the club against the root. The force of it threw the club out of his hands, and he had to have his wrist strapped up to finish the round. The commentators described it a the sort of shot that could cause a career threatening injury.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That sounds like the sort of larking about and goading type shot on a STAG weekend.

Top marks to Rorys caddy. He sounds like a right laugh.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It was a stupid shot to take on. He put the ball into a bad place - he should have taken his medicine and chipped out sensibly - instead he had to "go for it" - he couldn't have even made the green, so what was the point risking his season and potentially career for nothing. Still, he played ok after it, but I fear it might give him trouble today. I wonder what excuses I can make during my round at Hassocks on Sunday morning.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
I remember when he won his first Major :)S the one he broke records on)

on his final round on like the second hole he chipped out onto the fairway and managed to save par, rather than going for the golden shot - sounds like he should have done the same in this situation, although i havent seen it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here