flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
Get this tosser out of our club now before it's to late :shit:
He was hated at Millwall towards the end, we must get rid NOW:shootself

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Very intelligent. Did it take long to come up with that reasoned and structured argument?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
flopalob said:
Get this tosser out of our club now before it's to late :shit:
He was hated at Millwall towards the end, we must get rid NOW:shootself

Why do you even bother posting that kind of rubbish?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
wot a complete timewaster,why even bother!
its people like you that cause major arguments!
:nono:

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
There actually the Millwall fans who saw him come in and take over when they already had a good team, when he started to make changes to the team and got rid of of people like Steve Gritt from the coaching staff it all started to go wrong the players and the fans alike thought he was a joke. He may very well get us promoted this season but god help us when he starts bringing in his own players. I have never been a fan of McGhee and I would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong I just don’t think he will. As no doubt I will be a voice in the wilderness on this I would just like to say to all those who have and who will slag me off go right ahead I can handle it if you can.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Flopalob - we're all rightly concerned but to call for McGhee's head after his first home league game is just ridiculous. If we lose the next 10 games then that will the time to start thinking about it but not now.

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
He should never have been appointed manager in the first place your right to say we should wait and see but i can't help feeling its all going to go Horribly wrong.:(

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
flopalob said:
He should never have been appointed manager in the first place your right to say we should wait and see but i can't help feeling its all going to go Horribly wrong.:(

What makes you think it will all go horribly wrong?

Why should he never have been appointed in the first place? He was/is definitely the best option that was/is available for The Albion given our temporary financial constraints.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
In actual fact McGhee might be the ideal person at a time in the season when there is still time for his changes to have an effect on the end result. He may just be the fresh face needed to cut through a lot of the loyalty to old faces like Hart, Carpenter, Jones, even Mayo and Cullip etc, and make some harsh decisions.

Sounds the sort of chap who will have no problem telling a few of them to their faces that performances like those of late are unacceptable and that past successes and performances count for nothing from now on.

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
Harold said:
In actual fact McGhee might be the ideal person at a time in the season when there is still time for his changes to have an effect on the end result. He may just be the fresh face needed to cut through a lot of the loyalty to old faces like Hart, Carpenter, Jones, even Mayo and Cullip etc, and make some harsh decisions.

Sounds the sort of chap who will have no problem telling a few of them to their faces that performances like those of late are unacceptable and that past successes and performances count for nothing from now on.

Nice idea but you have no idea what McGhee is like he will destory the sprit the players have the man is a cancer.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
flopalob said:
Nice idea but you have no idea what McGhee is like he will destory the sprit the players have the man is a cancer.

I agree with Harold - The nucleus of the team is the same as won Div 3 and i think they are past their best.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
You're right flopalob, I have no idea what he is like and my last comment is based on what I hope his attitude to Saturdays performance will be. McGhee is our manager for the moment and that's that. It is my hope he will have no qualms about telling a player (no matter how long the players been with us, no matter what Bookers assessment of the players past achievements), that greater things are expected or changes will be made.

There seems little enough spirit in the side at the moment to crush anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
flopalob said:

Thank God NSC has somebody like yourself with the real knowledge of McGhee. No wonder you're so mad at Dick Knight-he ignored your advice right?

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
.:rolleyes: I am quite close to people at Millwall and have seen first hand the state in which he left Millwall. I think this man could be the worst thing to happen to Brighton since Archer.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
flopalob said:
.:rolleyes: I am quite close to people at Millwall and have seen first hand the state in which he left Millwall. I think this man could be the worst thing to happen to Brighton since Archer.

Must have been terrible to be left in 8th position, four points from automatic promotion to the Premiership......:glare:

nickmfc

Nov 17, 2003
London
In defence of Flopalob he has quite a few millwall friends and has experienced at first hand what mcghee is like.

Heres to answer a few things that have come up in this post.

McGhee took an already suucessful division two side up. We lost in the play-offs the season before and our chairmen sacked millwall legend keith stevens (and alan mcleary) after just ten games of the new season, deciding there inexperience wasnt good enough. McGhee had very little work to do that season and we pretty much rid a cret of a wave until the next season, in which we made the play-offs in division one.

All things looked rosey and mcghee was proving (at the time) to be a good choice. However he made a crucial error and started to split the team up. He released three key players that had got us to where we was, Marc Bircham, Sean Dyche and Cristophe Kinet. Bircham and Dyche emphasised the passion of the team at the time and from that point on things where never the same.

McGhee then proceded to bring in players he liked, some good, but on the whole some not good enough at all. They where mcghee players.

Last season bore the start of the 'mcghees lost the plot' (you may have even noticed down at brighton when we lost 1-0) He continued to try new things but most fans pressumed his hands where tired. A good run in form convinced a few that he had done his best and got through a difficult time.

In the summer, he may one of his worst ever decisions. He sacked Lion and seagulls hero Steve Gritt and bought in his man, Archie Knox. Together they set about destroying the team. Telling players they where no longer wanted, leaving contracts unsorted. The players hated knox, his methods where old school and tired. McGhee finally had some cash to spend, or freedom to bring in his own players. He sold steven reid for a million. He promised time and time again he will bring in players (as he is doing now for you) he has his irons in his fire, he knows we are not far away etc etc. A string of failed players he had signed for us.

On top of this, his comments to the media become worse, mcghee really had loss the plot.

He constantly tried playing players out of positions, central midfielders as wide men, left back as left midfield, central midfielder as a defender, winger as a striker. On his last game in charge, it saw the most bizarre team selcetion for a long long while. An inexperienced right back put as left winger - what was he playing at?

Players had had enough, they was unhappy, mcghee announced the team half an hour before kick off and players didnt know if they was coming or going.

So, what happened, mcghee had changed and exciting young team full of promise into his team, a team that strugggled.

Wise has come in and playing players in his correct positions saw us get immediate results. We have been hit by injuries, but wise has reacted and looks pretty certain to be bringing darren huckerby in, something i would never have imagined mark mcghee to do.

You may be disbelieveing, but he will turn your side into soemthing hardly recognisable from itself. Can he be blamed for the last couple of results?

Of course he can, brighton where top two before he took over.....

Be warned, mcghee has done the same at reading, wolves and now millwall, took over a good team and turned it into his team.

(and in reply to the last post about being eigth, we had played three more games then everyone else and the performances where shocking, how we was eigth was entirely down to playing teams like wimbledon and walsall just before he was sacked)

Good day to you.:drink:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He needs a bit of time? Taylor for all his faults didn't he just jumped in the saddle of a galloping horse and took us up.

Give McGoon a fair chance but he's not going to win many plaundits for a side that was clear at the top to one that got face raped by Bristol city 4-1 at home. To those lightweights of all teams!!

I'll give im 10 games to proove me wrong.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
nickmfc said:
In defence of Flopalob he has quite a few millwall friends and has experienced at first hand what mcghee is like.

Heres to answer a few things that have come up in this post.

McGhee took an already suucessful division two side up. We lost in the play-offs the season before and our chairmen sacked millwall legend keith stevens (and alan mcleary) after just ten games of the new season, deciding there inexperience wasnt good enough. McGhee had very little work to do that season and we pretty much rid a cret of a wave until the next season, in which we made the play-offs in division one.

All things looked rosey and mcghee was proving (at the time) to be a good choice. However he made a crucial error and started to split the team up. He released three key players that had got us to where we was, Marc Bircham, Sean Dyche and Cristophe Kinet. Bircham and Dyche emphasised the passion of the team at the time and from that point on things where never the same.

McGhee then proceded to bring in players he liked, some good, but on the whole some not good enough at all. They where mcghee players.

Last season bore the start of the 'mcghees lost the plot' (you may have even noticed down at brighton when we lost 1-0) He continued to try new things but most fans pressumed his hands where tired. A good run in form convinced a few that he had done his best and got through a difficult time.

In the summer, he may one of his worst ever decisions. He sacked Lion and seagulls hero Steve Gritt and bought in his man, Archie Knox. Together they set about destroying the team. Telling players they where no longer wanted, leaving contracts unsorted. The players hated knox, his methods where old school and tired. McGhee finally had some cash to spend, or freedom to bring in his own players. He sold steven reid for a million. He promised time and time again he will bring in players (as he is doing now for you) he has his irons in his fire, he knows we are not far away etc etc. A string of failed players he had signed for us.

On top of this, his comments to the media become worse, mcghee really had loss the plot.

He constantly tried playing players out of positions, central midfielders as wide men, left back as left midfield, central midfielder as a defender, winger as a striker. On his last game in charge, it saw the most bizarre team selcetion for a long long while. An inexperienced right back put as left winger - what was he playing at?

Players had had enough, they was unhappy, mcghee announced the team half an hour before kick off and players didnt know if they was coming or going.

So, what happened, mcghee had changed and exciting young team full of promise into his team, a team that strugggled.

Wise has come in and playing players in his correct positions saw us get immediate results. We have been hit by injuries, but wise has reacted and looks pretty certain to be bringing darren huckerby in, something i would never have imagined mark mcghee to do.

You may be disbelieveing, but he will turn your side into soemthing hardly recognisable from itself. Can he be blamed for the last couple of results?

Of course he can, brighton where top two before he took over.....

Be warned, mcghee has done the same at reading, wolves and now millwall, took over a good team and turned it into his team.

(and in reply to the last post about being eigth, we had played three more games then everyone else and the performances where shocking, how we was eigth was entirely down to playing teams like wimbledon and walsall just before he was sacked)

Good day to you.:drink:

Good points, but how is Steven Reid doing now?? 1M doesn't sound so bad to me.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here