Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee IN IN IN!!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
To be honest, i cant see anything that McGhee has done wrong this season that has made us go down.

OK, his team selections have been controversial to say the least and his man management is a bit shady but there is no one who knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes at the club, mabie knight was being disruptive to the squad and as much as i like kuipers and dont think he should be on-loan, you need respect for the manager in a football team and although its good that these players want to play, there is no player that has the god given right to be in the starting 11.

Well done Mark McGhee, this season he has had to deal with NO money for players, when there is money avalable, it is very hard to attract players of championship standard to come and play at withdean, and we have had injuries to key players (Hinsh, Oatway)

All things considered, i think MM has done well to keep it going untill easter as our form copuld have easily put us down weeks ago.:albion:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's just silly. He has made mistakes but there was no point sacking him.

1066gull

dougdeep said:
Your right, there is no popint sacking him.

He must resign instead.:wave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dougdeep said:

Agreed. Not faultless at all, but you are bound to try different things and thus make mistakes when you are sitting not-so-pretty at the foot of the table.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: McGhee IN IN IN!!!

LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Er, Turienzo, Carole, Kazim-Richards, Henderson all cost fees
Loan fee for Gifton.

LANGDON SEAGULL said:

Carole was a free and Hendo's fee was nominal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: McGhee IN IN IN!!!

London Irish said:
Carole was a free and Hendo's fee was nominal.
Carole was the same as Turienzo. His agent bought him out of his contract, we paid the agent.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

LANGDON SEAGULL said:

I bet you that many championship sides have paid more than this to one player in personal signing on fees, than our total outlay this year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1. Failure to sign a striker (don't care if it's the board's failure to come up with the money in the end - if he had any principles he'd have made a stand over it)

2. Turienzo - pathetic signing

3. Doug Loft - see above

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
1. Failure to sign a striker (don't care if it's the board's failure to come up with the money in the end - if he had any principles he'd have made a stand over it)

How many jobs you quit over your boss not giving you what you want Tom?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fosters headband said:
How many jobs you quit over your boss not giving you what you want Tom?

Suspect if I'd had '8 wins in 60 odd games' as a manager in any other aspect of real life I'd not have had any say in the matter matey, I'd have been quite rightly out on me ear.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
Suspect if I'd had '8 wins in 60 odd games' as a manager in any other aspect of real life I'd not have had any say in the matter matey, I'd have been quite rightly out on me ear.

Not if your boss had not given you the tools for the job, you would do well at a tribunal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fosters headband said:
Not if your boss had not given you the tools for the job, you would do well at a tribunal.

As per every tribunal going, McGhee has got his employer over a barrel. Dare say the Albion will let him see out his contract, if only cos they can't afford to pay him off. Game. set and match to mortgage-payer McGhee. Well done :clap: :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here