Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee: Fans were vital

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~650715,00.html

McGhee: Fans Were Vital

By Tim Dudding

Mark McGhee today praised the fans and believes they helped spur Albion to a vital 1-1 draw with Leicester City.

The Make Some Noise campaign certainly helped to get the atmosphere going throughout the afternoon, and even when the Seagulls went 1-0 down the supporters remained in good voice.

And McGhee believes that the crowd's positive reaction ultimately helped Albion draw level through Paul Reid's 81st minute volley.

"The campaign to make noise and get people animated really worked well for us," McGhee said. "It gave the boys an edge before the game started.

"The fans were vital today, because it took a long time for that equaliser. People might have gone quiet, but the fans were up for it, they were motivated and animated and it was terrific."

0,,10433~547936,00.jpg

McGhee was also pleased with Jake Robinson's contribution. The 18-year-old was was recalled from a loan spell at Aldershot at the end of last week, and gave the Seagulls attack fresh impetus when he was introduced in the second half.

"He made some clever little runs, but I think he showed where he is good and again where he is not quite ready.

"He makes good runs down the sides and he causes them problems, but when the ball is at his feet he's still a bit lightweight.

"But the fact that he's come on and made a contribution to a game we've got a point in, which we haven't done in the last six games, is a positive thing for Jake and us."

Most importantly, Albion halted their six-match losing run, and McGhee now believes the result will give his squad a boost ahead of next Saturday's trip to Burnley.

"I'm a little disappointed we haven't taken all three points, but I'm relieved we've broken the sequence.

"Had we lost that game today having gone at it the way we did, with that tempo and commitment, it would have been really hard to bear.

"To end up drawing the game in which we feel a little hard done-by is a good thing, because it takes us into the next game in confident mood and still in contention."

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Referee! said:
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~650715,00.html

"He made some clever little runs, but I think he showed where he is good and again where he is not quite ready.

"He makes good runs down the sides and he causes them problems, but when the ball is at his feet he's still a bit lightweight."

McGhee is wrong. If Robinson had been on earlier we would have won that game. He is different class to McCammon (who we dont need if we are playing Virgo up front) and already better than Knight.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't worry Harry, if we dig ourselves out of the mire we find ourselves in and Jakey plays his part you can expect to see a great deal more of him. One thing I like about MM is that he doesn't seem afraid to admit that he got it wrong with a player, look at how much Virgs and Hinsh have featured this season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It could be better too.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
McGHEE : FANS WERE VITAL

Did the air conditioning break down?:lolol: :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to be negative on this one but IMHO it's pretty f***ing tragic that it takes The Argus to print up sheets of A4 with 'Make Some Noise' on, before some people take the hint and get behind the team. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here