Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCarthy sacked

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think anyone here believes Gus would go to Wolves. I do think, however, that Wolves may well pick up the phone and ask our Tony if they can speak to Gus. If they do, I imagine it will be a very short conversation.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Not a chance would gus go! he is building something here and we are on the up! Wolves apart form their stadium are on there way down! sorry to dampen the mood but Gus' move will be to a much bigger club where the decision will be an easier one!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You've got to feel a bit sorry for Mick McCarthy. The way his players capitulated against their fiercest rivals was appalling, and had they even put in a professional performance he might still be in a job.

McCarthy's relegation-avoiding heroics of last season have been forgotten, I see.

Baggies fans must be cock-a-hoop at this latest development, it just keeps getting better for them. For what it's worth I think Wolves have one of the worst 3 squads in the Prem, so it's no surprise they're in and around the bottom 3 each season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe Roy Keane will get Mick's job. He'd find that quite FUNNY. Keane, that is. Doubt Mick would be laughing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
From resident Wolves fan at work:

Mick’s sacking I can understand not just because of yesterday but as a season as a whole. They need to get someone in before our next game really away to Newcastle a week Saturday. Favourites are Curbishley and Rafa both I would take the worrying names are Warnock and Bruce though. Poyet’s name has been mentioned though.

I want Big Sam (Wolves fan through and through) but no chance he will leave West Ham for us with the position they are currently in.

Rafa is apparently good friends with Steve Morgan our chairman as he is into his property development and he was in charge of Liverpool when he was thinking of buying them instead opted for Wolves.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Apart from Terry Connor, which other ex-Albion players have managed clubs in the Premier League? I can only think of Howard Wilkinson and Alan Curbishley.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Steve Bruce bookies' favourite? Christ on a bike - being a Wolves fan could get even more depressing soon. I have no idea how he keeps getting jobs in the Premier League.

Curbishley deserves another chance, though.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apart from Terry Connor, which other ex-Albion players have managed clubs in the Premier League? I can only think of Howard Wilkinson and Alan Curbishley.

Danny Wilson was in charge of Barnsley when they had their season in the Premiership (1997-98), wasn't he?

Speaking of Mick McCarthy, I met him and his wife last year in a restaurant in Westerham. Perfect gentleman, grinned when I spotted his Wolves tie and came over for a chat. I told him he couldn't come and take Elliott Bennett back off us. He just smiled and said, "You've got a good-un there". Feel sorry for him, as the squad have obviously underperformed, but again, when you look at how far they've come from the 1980s (bottom division, nearly going out of business), you have to wonder how far they could go, and whether their fans are realistic. I know people are talking about our potential, but we aren't surrounded by half a dozen other Premiership and Championship clubs, all of roughly equal size, are we?

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here