Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCarthy sacked

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree that Wolves fans are unrealistic in their expectations and completely oblivious to the fact that their club are a beacon of efficiency in these days of money being thrown around without any consideration for the long-term future of the clubs. I honestly think the club are setting themselves up for long-term stability, but all the Wolves fans want is for the chairman to spunk all his personal fortune on players the club cannot afford.

Most Wolves fans are, at very least, a little bit delusional. I should know - my girlfriend is one!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wow, desperate decision by the Wolves board at this stage of the season. New manager will have to work with existing squad and I am sure Mick could have brought them back up. Lets hope we can sign Vokes of the back of this especially if he was a McCarthy signing.

Great club, it would be good to see McCarthy given a job like Leeds, he always comes across as okay.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
This decision could rebound on the club especially if the new manager can't avoid relegation. Whatever happens I hope Terry Connor doesn't end up out of a job.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Getting WHIPPED 5-1 at home by your deadly rivals is pretty much guaranteed to upset the chairman, I'd say.

as opposed to GETTING WHIPPED 5-0 in front of your deadly rivals on their turf??????????? (and they had a goal disallowed)

but nonetheless a completely potty knee jerk reaction by the Wolves board

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You have to say they really have some shite players on pretty big money and they're a very boring side to watch.I quiet like wolves as a club though and will be interested to see who takes over the hot seat,obviously gus won't leave us unless its a top 6 prem club,so all you plonkers who keep mentioning gus really need to move on as its so boringggggg.every bloody time a manager is sacked gus is there:guns:

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
whilst I will be sad to see Gus go, that's football. We're the only ones who are loyal at the end of the day.

If he were to go right now consider these points:
- we have a fantastic soon-to-be-increased state of the art stadium
- we're 1 point off the playoffs
- we're in the 5th round of the FA cup with a glamour tie awaiting
- we have plans for a £20m+ training academy
- we have no real debt
- a fantastic fan base that is growing all the time
- a squad of players that have shown they can handle it with most of the teams in this league
- we're a massive 9 points clear of Palace

All things considered, if he were to go we'd have some massive managerial names knocking Tony's door down to manage our club

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This decision could rebound on the club especially if the new manager can't avoid relegation. Whatever happens I hope Terry Connor doesn't end up out of a job.

this is a STAGGERING FACT.

"They (Wolves) have not kept a clean sheet since August" In which case the boot is not quite as suprising as first thought!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are presently 5 teams in the relegation mix and, of these, QPR - especially after their transfer window dealings - should have enough about them to get out of trouble.

Right now it looks like Wolves, Wigan and Bolton, with Blackburn to survive. But it was only last week Blackburn lost 7-1. I agree with the sacking, but it's ludicrous Bruce is favourite because O'Neill has exposed how he was already underachieving with a reasonable Sunderland squad. Neil Warnock is a no-brainer, surely?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Absolutely bang on. This is why the 'Gus to ...' talk totally bores me. BHAFC are arguably the best prospect of ANY club outside the current top 6/7 in the Premier League. Anyone who disagrees with that, go on, name me who has more going for them and more potential to improve further than us right now. Top-quality managers would be begging for the chance to manage us and Gus knows damn well he's on to a really good thing. He's only leaving for one of the top six, Zaragoza or Uruguay. And the good news for us is that he won't be offered any of those jobs until we're in the Premier League.

EXACTLY BADGER!

If Gus goes just watch the pool of talented managers jumping at the chance to manage us, we have so much going for us at the moment. I like Gus, he’s a f***ing magician but he’s not bigger than the club!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing is, managers on the rise like Gus usually raid their former club for 2 or 3 key players. Albion wouldn't be quite so attractive a proposition without Dunk, Bridcutt and Buckley.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its funny I remember when the sword of damocles was hanging over Tinselhead, Magoo, Salde and Adams (second time around) etc

But WHO will we get if he was sacked they would say? And of course the answer was (as always) someone else, indeed some people even went to great lengths to post a list of potential managerial candidates. Some were actually top quality as well who were out of a job and lets be honest Bloom pulled off a masterstroke with Gus.

Now IF Gus were to leave, its as Badger says, the list of candidates would be incredible. They would be banging down Tonys door to get an interview we have far more potential than any club o/s the top six other than Crystal Palace of course.

Im not saying it will happen with Gus leaving but it does NOT worry me one bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here