• Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
With the vote less than a month away, who will win?

Richard Barnbrook................BNP
Gerard Batten.....................UKIP
Siân Berry..........................Green
Alan Craig..........................Christian Choice
Lindsey German...................Left List
Boris Johnson......................Conservative
Ken Livingstone...................Labour
Winston McKenzie................Independent
Matt O'Connor.....................English Democrats
Brian Paddick.......................Lib Dem

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It is far too close to call right now.

But as a registered voter, residing in N1, it is Ken all the way here.:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ken :thumbsup:

Has the interests of ordinary Londoners at heart.

So successful in defending ordinary Londoners during the Thatcher Years that the vindictive bitch had to have the Greater London Council made defunct.

Hated by Thatcher. Hated by Blair. Must have been doing something VERY right.

Best (living) conviction politician of his generation :thumbsup:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ken will win.

Until the Tories understand you need to have a credible candidate to win an election, they won't win anything.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ken will win.

You can't win a campaign by keeping your candidate away from debates as the Tories seem to be doing.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Ken will win.

Until the Tories understand you need to have a credible candidate to win an election, they won't win anything.

Ken will only win if the great people of Inner South London turn out on May1st, it's very much Brixton vs Bexleyheath:lol:

Bearing in mind that this isn't a first-past-the-post election, Ken will win.

Boris may get a few more more first preference votes, but more Lib Dems, Greens and Lefties will give Ken their second vote than will back Boris.

I confidently expect to see a massive STOP BORIS Alliance forming over the next few weeks.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Ken will win.

You can't win a campaign by keeping your candidate away from debates as the Tories seem to be doing.

I hope Boris turns up for an event I'm going to later this month. I was going to make him squirm with a question about the transport infrastructure of South London.

He wouldn't know what side of Loughborough Junction had hit him!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boris is a buffoon. It follows that anybody voting for him is a buffoon. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that he's the BUFFOON's BUFFOON.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Boris is a buffoon. It follows that anybody voting for him is a buffoon.

Have you seen how much people pay for a drink in certain bars in London?

There are plenty of buffoons keeping those places busy, when they should all be having £2 pints at any Sam Smith's pub:thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Don't write-off the buffoon just yet...

As Lady Thatcher once observed, it’s a funny old world and the fact that bumbling Boris seems to be coasting to victory in an election where no one thought he had a chance is about as funny as it gets. Nobody, that is, apart from Livingstone himself, who at the start of the campaign predicted that Boris would be “the most formidable opponent I will face in my political career”.

And the real key to that formidability? As one commentator put it yesterday: “Boris is demonstrating beyond doubt that one of the best ways to win an election is to pretend not to be a politician.”

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
DP, this whole campaign has been Boris ATTEMPTING to be serious, e.g: his streamlined new hairstyle. Competency could be the factor that tips it against him so he has been working to try and rebrand himself by all accounts.

Regardless, his capacity for gaffes has been put in the shade by "honey glazing" email star Lee Jasper..

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
DP, this whole campaign has been Boris ATTEMPTING to be serious, e.g: his streamlined new hairstyle. Competency could be the factor that tips it against him so he has been working to try and rebrand himself by all accounts.

Regardless, his capacity for gaffes has been put in the shade by "honey glazing" email star Lee Jasper..

May I just quote more of the Express article here. It looks like Boris will just be the face of the mayor's office!

“The second thing is that, after eight years of Ken Livingstone, the electorate believes it’s time for a change. If you look at the polls, the voters think Ken would be better dealing with London in a crisis but they also say they will vote against him. That shows that people think that seven or eight years is enough for anyone. Getting fed up with people is one of the traits of British democracy, as Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair also discovered.”

For Cameron, Livingstone’s failing popularity – compounded by a high-profile cronyism scandal at City Hall – provides a much needed opportunity to put his party on a winning streak. The “Eton-and-Oxbridge versus state school” nature of the fight between Johnson and Livingstone also parallels the Tory leader’s own challenge to the Prime Minister. “In many ways this is a proxy war between David Cameron and Gordon Brown,” says Travers. “It’s a big test of whether a toff can get to the top. If it works for Boris it could work for Cameron.”

The test for the Tories will extend beyond polling day. “Boris’s weakest suit is that people don’t think he is likely to be competent,” adds Travers. “I think the Conservatives have a mixture of excitement and concern at the thought of Boris arriving in City Hall. On the day of his victory they will of course be dancing on the tables. But immediately afterwards they will have the worry that Labour will point to every broken traffic light and pot-hole as an example of the Tories in power.

“Behind the scenes, Cameron will be making every effort to get serious people in to run the bureaucracy. If he wins Boris will run the capital as a kind of chairman of the board, whereas Ken Livingstone has been very much the chief executive.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here