Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayor Of London - Night Of The Long Swords

Well Boris the Slayer has been in post since Sunday,

appointed 5 Deputy Mayors, 3 of these have track record in worj=king in/woth public administration,

but today he sacked my Boss the Chief Executive of the London Development Agency.

It was not a surprise, rather obvious really.

LC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
but today he sacked my Boss the Chief Executive of the London Development Agency.

It was not a surprise, rather obvious really.

LC

Was your boss a Red Ken supporter ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think I head Boris say in the run-up to the election that the mayors office had something like 200 PR people. What on earth do they all do ??

Bit rich coming from someone surrounded by PR people to make sure he didn't say something stupid.

GLA has around 70 press people, Boris has stated 20% will go, probably the ones producing the LOndoner.

Boris of course has his own mouthpiece, the Evening Standard.

3 of the Deputy Mayor appointments were in that paper, b4 his own staff (GLA) knew!

Our Chief Ex was seen as too close to Ken, by the predominantly Conservative Greater London Assembly.

He made a big mistake of p***ing the Tories off. IMHO Poor management of your Political peers.

In some respects a good move, he will get a good pay off, he will have at least 3 months notice but will have to go now!

And should be able to walk in a similar role else where.

"£210k-a-year City Hall Official in Lee Jasper row is ousted

A City Hall chief embroiled in the Lee Jasper affair is to quit his post with a possible £100,000 pay-off, the Evening Standard has learned.

Manny Lewis, chief executive of the London Development Agency, is leaving after being told by Boris Johnson that his services will no longer be required. "

Evening Standard

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I think Boris will come a complete cropper with this alcohol ban thing...all the comments in the London Paper today were anti it..

plus

1) A months notice?

2) Surely run a few trials first, to see what the problems/benefits are, as opposed to a sudden blitz.

3) Who is going to take the drinks off them, the driver?

4) Its summer, more people will be drinking.

5) Doing this so soon after his election, if it goes tits up, it will quickly tar him with the incompetence badge, when if he did it later, people may give him benefit of the doubt.

...Ken was very clever with these things, e.g: Congestion Charge introduced during Half Term, IMO, Boris has picked the worst time to introduce this.

I'm all in favour of restrictions on alcohol but I can't see how it will be implemented.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does she share the family hair style too?

Well....she IS basically Boris in a slightly longer wig.

_Rachel_Johnson_rachel_johnson_256.gif

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"£210k-a-year City Hall Official in Lee Jasper row is ousted

A City Hall chief embroiled in the Lee Jasper affair is to quit his post with a possible £100,000 pay-off, the Evening Standard has learned.

Manny Lewis, chief executive of the London Development Agency, is leaving after being told by Boris Johnson that his services will no longer be required. "

Evening Standard
Didn't realise he was only part time to earn a measly £210k salary.:lol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think Boris will come a complete cropper with this alcohol ban thing...all the comments in the London Paper today were anti it..

plus

1) A months notice?

2) Surely run a few trials first, to see what the problems/benefits are, as opposed to a sudden blitz.

3) Who is going to take the drinks off them, the driver?

4) Its summer, more people will be drinking.

5) Doing this so soon after his election, if it goes tits up, it will quickly tar him with the incompetence badge, when if he did it later, people may give him benefit of the doubt.

...Ken was very clever with these things, e.g: Congestion Charge introduced during Half Term, IMO, Boris has picked the worst time to introduce this.

I'm all in favour of restrictions on alcohol but I can't see how it will be implemented.

Plus there's no actual LAW against carrying alcohol on the Tube per se, so British Transport Police won't be able to enforce the policy for at least a year, apparently.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Plus there's no actual LAW against carrying alcohol on the Tube per se, so British Transport Police won't be able to enforce the policy for at least a year, apparently.

I think the most ridiculous thing was that I read Boris hoped it would implement itself by patrons of the tube kindly ensuring the rule is kept to, as with the smoking ban.

*Shakes head* Far easier to justify that, if any selfish bugger lights up you could go, look what happened at Kings Cross, wait ten minutes you twat!

You can't really say that some people getting out some Fosters(urgh) is going to endanger your life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here