Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo Yesterday

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he had his best game in ages, particualrly when he pinged a superb ball the length of the pitch in a Beckham-esque manner

If he can play like that for the rest of the season then I would imagine that will be our first choice back four, especially given how well Lynch played at centre back

Early days, but looks like not signing Bagayoko may prove to be the correct idea

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If Mayo continues like that then a back five of Hendo, El-Abd, Hinsh, Lynch and Mayo would be shit hot.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Mayo was quality I thought.

He made their winger look a FOOL at one point as well when he casually took the ball of him and knocked if past another :clap2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think it might have something to do with him playing alongside Lynch, Mayo probably feels more comfortable as he knows Lynch's pace will get him out of trouble if the winger gets past him. I think Butters and Mayo as the left side of our defence were just to slow last year and this is where Mayo got caught out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hope Mayo keeps up the good work, but I am convinced we made a big error by not signing Bagayoko... Mayo's lack of pace will always be a problem, IMHO...

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
B.W. said:
I hope Mayo keeps up the good work, but I am convinced we made a big error by not signing Bagayoko... Mayo's lack of pace will always be a problem, IMHO...

I agree, but lets hope Mayo proves us wrong.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The ginger prince always bounces back and by the sound of it had a good game. Lets hope he can keep it up. Well played Kezza :clap2:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Mayo was immense at the back. Partridge looked a decent winger but he only got involved when he swapped wings after not getting a sniff from the ginger Prince.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I think it might have something to do with him playing alongside Lynch, Mayo probably feels more comfortable as he knows Lynch's pace will get him out of trouble if the winger gets past him. I think Butters and Mayo as the left side of our defence were just to slow last year and this is where Mayo got caught out.

Well yes, thats exactly what happend yesterday. Mayo miscontrolled a high ball, the Rotherham lad got in on goal and Lynch charged back to make a great tackle.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Turkey said:
Well yes, thats exactly what happend yesterday. Mayo miscontrolled a high ball, the Rotherham lad got in on goal and Lynch charged back to make a great tackle.

And I wasn't even there. Finally the MM outers have found a replacement, Les for manager:jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Mayo did play well, I was less convinced by Reid though.

I wouldn't mind seeing El-Abd--Lowe--Lynch--Mayo, although at home Reid may keep his place as well will need to take the game to Gillingham.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Perhaps going down a division is why Mayo looked better. I seem to remember he did the same when we were last relegated. This league is probably his level ?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
oapdodge said:
Perhaps going down a division is why Mayo looked better. I seem to remember he did the same when we were last relegated. This league is probably his level ?

What about in 2003 when he came second in the play of the year award in Divison One???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Scotty M said:
Thought he had his best game in ages, particualrly when he pinged a superb ball the length of the pitch in a Beckham-esque manner

If he can play like that for the rest of the season then I would imagine that will be our first choice back four, especially given how well Lynch played at centre back

Early days, but looks like not signing Bagayoko may prove to be the correct idea

YOUR THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT EL-ABD was shit:lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ernest said:
One match does not make the summer, come November you will be PLEADING that he is dropped

Do you ever actually do anything but moan, complain and see the negative side to anything that anyone says?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
AlexFrutos said:
Do you ever actually do anything but moan, complain and see the negative side to anything that anyone says?

Its his stich. Its supposed to be funny or something. Shame the joke wore thin about 23 years ago.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Mayo Yesterday

algie said:
YOUR THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT EL-ABD was shit:lol:

i did

however, last season he proved me totally wrong by proving to be one of the better players we had at the back. long may it continue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here