H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
n513597246_3023737_6421471.jpg

n513597246_2943053_5685836.jpg

RIP THE GOLDSTONE GROUND 12 years today

Last edited:

Mar 9, 2008
Such an emotional day. I was in the north stand. Does anyone remember it kicking off between 2 albion fans at half time? One guy was wearing a Brazil shirt. Another was accusing him of wearing the "palace away shirt!" The accuser got punched in the face and his glasses broke. Albion fans also lobbed bananas at the Donny player who was sent off. Swampy climbed onto the roof of what I think was the northwest terrace? Some random guy stripped at the end and did a jig on the east terrace. The whole ground got torn up. A very very strange day. The following week we were fighting for our lives at Hereford. And Some of you are scared of the Stockport game!!!!! You have no idea of what it's like to be scared of relegation!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sad,sad day, I came down from london with no ticket, and went to the hove park at opening purchased two tickets for the away end of a geezer for face value (thanks whoever you were), then by 12pm had swapped them both for one ticket in the east stand with another fan.....such emotions that day,everytime i think of that day it brings a lump to my throat......I cried that day,and i dont care......then i got a couple of seats........No body wanted to leave that day,people just wondered around,or sat on the pitch,or sat / stood on "There bit of the Goldstone".

Thank you goldstone,for the memories.
f*** you Archer for the pain

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I never saw it. Still makes me sad though that in this country you can tear down sporting venues without having a replacement and the council don't bat an eyelid, nor the national lottery, nor the government. Shows what insignificance sport has in this country.

We have a piece of concrete here on the shelf infront of me, Zef collected it on the last game. (nearly threw it out once, didn't know what it was - OOPS!!)

Albion fans also lobbed bananas at the Donny player who was sent off.

Darren Moore, sent off with Ian Baird after about twenty minutes for a proper full-on punch up. The bananas incident was disgusting, though I seem to remember someone on here once trying to claim that they'd just taken them along as their lunch.

Some random guy stripped at the end and did a jig on the east terrace.

That was hilarious! It was pissing down and that guy was dancing away bollock naked. :lolol:

Still got a seat from the South Stand, a piece of net from the north goal, but sadly my bit of turf died a few years ago. :(

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I never saw it. Still makes me sad though that in this country you can tear down sporting venues without having a replacement and the council don't bat an eyelid, nor the national lottery, nor the government. Shows what insignificance sport has in this country.

Sadly that is very true, it really hacks me off when councils sell off playing fields for development, if only they realised the true value of sport...not just fitness and health, thus reducing peoples burden on our health system (though I admit that people will still suffer injury whilst playing sport and need treatment, I can speak from personal experience on that one...my first sporting injury was caused by a flying rounders bat to the head when I was in the Cubs!!!)...but sport also helps give people a sense of worth by being part of a team, develops leadership skills and for many the chance of a career or an escape from a deprived background....I could go on and on but think you will get the picture!!!

Probably the worst day i've had watching the Albion. The result was great and led us to that final day glory against Hereford. But walking out the gates for the very last time felt like my heart was being ripped out :(

RIP

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
That was my first ever match. I was only 8 at the time so i didnt really understand what was happening about it being the last match at the ground.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The weather today was much as it was back then.

Although the 27th april is now a joyous day as it's the birthday of one of my g'kids, I never forget the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here