Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matter of UK geography - what do you think?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Okay guys

I have lived oop north and in Scotland for the best part of the past 25 years and my ideas of Uk geography may be a bit different to those who have always lived down south.

Now living near Wrexham on a parallel which is somewhere between the North and the Midlands a couple of things puzzle me:

Where is the line which divides the Midlands from the South? (eg Luton Town might be South, but is Northampton Town, Cheltenham Town or Swindon?)

And where is the line which divides the North from the Midlands (eg is Mansfield Town , Derby County or Cheaterfield North or Midlands?)

Discuss

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
On the Left Wing said:

And where is the line which divides the North from the Midlands (eg is Mansfield Town , Derby County or Cheaterfield North or Midlands?)

Discuss

Somewhere between the City Ground and Meadow Lane in Nottingham as they are both in different sections of the league cup draw :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For as long as I can remember it's been Watford Gap service station :rolleyes:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Resident Geography teacher here.

The line that divides the North from the Midlands is the north borders of Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Notts and Lincolnshire.

The dividing line between Midlands and South is the north borders of Avon, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire and Essex.

Thats not definate, just my opinion

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Come to Lincolnshire. Never be bothered by hills again. Or electricity.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
On the Left Wing said:

Chesterfield is midlands, Sheffield is the north.

Luton is south (just).

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I remember at Leicester a few seasons while we were singing "you dirty northern bastards" a woman in the home end going mental cos they were from the midlands. Obviously her rant prolonged the singing - stupid girl

I guess it's a matter of perspective - enjoyed Plymouth singing the same thing at us a few seasons back.

Personally I expect to see whippets, flat caps, pigeons and rickets from about Pyecombe.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Having been born and brought up in Shoreham I can tell you that anywhere northn of the Beeding Cement Works is the frozen north where people use funny accents and more winter clothing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
haywards heath is the start of the north

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here