Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Le Tissier - Extra FLAIRNIAC Points

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just when you thought he couldnt get any better in the flair stakes.......

a319.jpg

FOOTBALL legend Matt Le Tissier admits taking part in a shameful betting scam.

But the ex-England and Southampton striker, now a Sky TV pundit, messed up the £10,000 sting.

Le Tissier, 40, got mates to place a spread bet on the time of the first throw-in of a Premiership game in 1995, he reveals in his autobiography.

The idol, on £4,000 a week back then, planned to boot the ball into touch from the kick-off and clean up - as bookies said it would take a minute for it to go out. But the coup in the match against Wimbledon went wrong - and he joked that he had visions of pals "knee-capping" him.

Le Tiss said: "Southampton were safe from relegation and I couldn't see a problem with making a few quid on the first throw-in." But his famed right foot let him down.

He explained in his book Taking Le Tiss: "I went to hit it out towards Neil Shipperley but I was nervous and didn't give it quite enough welly.

"Shipperley knew nothing about the bet and kept it in. I've never run so much in my life. I charged around desperately trying to kick the ball out. Eventually I got it out on 70 seconds. It meant the bet was neither won nor lost." Saints won the game 2-0, with Le Tissier scoring. Last night, the FA said no action would be taken because he is no longer involved in the game.

But Andrew Lyman, of the Association of British Bookmakers, said: "His actions could constitute a conspiracy to defraud."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One player who kept them up time and time again.

Effectively on his own. :clap2:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Ah well, you gotta have a laugh every now and then.

So what

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here