Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Jansen. How long.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
before he signs for Sheff Utd or Cardiff, and some goon comes on here berating MM for not getting in quicker [and suddenly finding £10k a week to pay the bloke]?

His contract was terminated by Blackburn today, BTW.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
mcshane in the 79th said:
If it wasn't for Dick Tight and the Lardy Jocko Clown we would be signing these sorts of players :censored:

Exactly. Blah Blah Blah Blah:yawn:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why have Blackburn got rid without trying for a fee? He was always a v.talented player wasn't he?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Simster said:
Why have Blackburn got rid without trying for a fee? He was always a v.talented player wasn't he?

Superb player. Was on the verge of the England squad before the Japan world Cup, but I believe he suffered a motorbike crash and was out for a long while.

Blackburn had just given him a long contract on big money. He has not hit the same heights since his comeback, so is sitting in the reserves pulling in big coin.

Thus Blackburn want rid, and he apparently is happy to go, to get a game.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
hans kraay fan club said:
Exactly. Blah Blah Blah Blah:yawn:

I was only joking btw.

I'm also getting really pissed off that any player that seems to be available get's their own thread started and end up going elsewhere McGhee and Knight get the blame for "not trying hard enough".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If he wants a game, I am sure we could give him a six month contract....until the end of the season. Just couldn't see him moving that far down south again.

Talented chap. But well out of our reach :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tried and tested ENGLISH player. Just the sort we need but wont get because we are interested in signing Argentinian Carlos Kickaballs :angry: :angry: :angry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
mcshane in the 79th said:
I was only joking btw.

I'm also getting really pissed off that any player that seems to be available get's their own thread started and end up going elsewhere McGhee and Knight get the blame for "not trying hard enough".

Exactly. That is my point.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
BensGrandad said:
Man Utd wanted him to play in the reserves but he chose as Terry Venables saId 'the team who are ten years in front of themselves' Problem is which 10 years.

Nice to have a team which was talked about in those terms though eh? Oh sorry you wouldnt know ;) :wave:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was a very bad crash. From what I remember, Jansen was in Rome with his girlfriend after being left out of the 2002 World Cup squad (after Sven told his manager he'd be in). Got clobbered by a taxi on his moped and spent days in hospital with brain haemmorage, I think four days in a coma.

It was difficult coming back, and apparently Souness wasn't exactly the most sympathetic about some of the mental scars. What a surprise.

Hope it works out for him, he seems one of the good guys and has really given it a go at Blackburn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here