Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday Travel From The Amex

Sep 1, 2010
Anyone got any links or know themselves what the plan is getting 20,000 odd people away from the games. The station to me seems too small platform wise and i cannot see the buses being able to ship away the fans and any reasonable amount of time especially mid week games where time is a bit more of a premium. I can see it being a bit of a nightmare to be honest

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think you're right Artmeister. However, I think a few will hang around for a beer on a Saturday (I am) after the game - which will help. I'll be phoning the wife from the concourse to say I'm stuck on the platform waiting for a train.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yeah, I don’t reckon they've given this any thought at all. Let's face it, the council rushed into the decision to grant planning permission, with little consideration or consultation. :facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Saturday games I certainly anticipate stpping at the ground for a beer or 3 after. Not sure about evening games though, but am sure it has been properly thought out.

Sep 1, 2010
I think you're right Artmeister. However, I think a few will hang around for a beer on a Saturday (I am) after the game - which will help. I'll be phoning the wife from the concourse to say I'm stuck on the platform waiting for a train.

drunk.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone got any links or know themselves what the plan is getting 20,000 odd people away from the games. The station to me seems too small platform wise and i cannot see the buses being able to ship away the fans and any reasonable amount of time especially mid week games where time is a bit more of a premium. I can see it being a bit of a nightmare to be honest

It is obvious no one has thought this through,at all. I'm aware Tony B has read your post and said privatly to Martin Perry that 'we may as well not bother now. There is a rumour that Buckingham are going to start pulling it all down tomorrow. Thank gawd you pointed this out, we could we could have been standing around at the stadium for weeks after the first game, just not knowing what to do or where to go! Phew.

Sep 1, 2010
Typical over reaction. I know there have been consultations blah blah blah but it does not stop it being a bit of a nightmare getting away after the game. I was asking for the link for any planning or actual travel info from the club. I was not accusing th club not having anything in place....do you see the difference now

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Typical over reaction. I know there have been consultations blah blah blah but it does not stop it being a bit of a nightmare getting away after the game. I was asking for the link for any planning or actual travel info from the club. I was not accusing th club not having anything in place....do you see the difference now

Over-reaction? We're about to be playing in a state of the art £93m stadium and all you can think about is it might take you 20 more mins to get home than normal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Typical over reaction. I know there have been consultations blah blah blah but it does not stop it being a bit of a nightmare getting away after the game.

Weekday matches will be an absolute mayhem. Public transport can't possibly cope. f*** it, who cares, I'll just walk back into town same as ten thousand other people will have to do :shrug:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Classic. Show me the money, full of substance you then!

Well my big fear Mr Art Vs Science is having to queue for the beer at half time. I mean that West Stand holds 12,500 people - that's one long queue aint it if we only have the same number of outlets as at Withdean. What about if they haven't applied for a licence to sell any alcohol? That'll mean that I will have queued for the best part of two days to buy a drink, only then to be told they don't sell beer. Also does anyone know if they'll order more bog paper than they currently have at Withdean? Otherwise I could see them running out pretty quickly, that's if you can actually get in to one of the toilet cubicles, cos with 12,500 people wanting a poo at once, it'll be a nightmare.

Sep 1, 2010
Oh dear. Apparently, i was moaning we have a brand new spanking £93 million pound stadium. I accused the club of not having any plans in place and think it cannot not possibly be done. Dear oh dear. When there are no answers to give, give them accusations and lies

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Weekday matches will be an absolute mayhem. Public transport can't possibly cope. f*** it, who cares, I'll just walk back into town same as ten thousand other people will have to do :shrug:

Imagine the mass exodus that is going to start on about 75 minutes on weekday matches... :lol:

Nightmare for anybody sat on the end of a row.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leaving the LG Arena in Birmingham after a concert can take upwards of an hour to get off the adjacent carparks.

I expect the Amex to actually be more efficient than this in terms of getting coach/bus shuttles to park and ride sites (50-70 per trip?) and trainloads (200ish?) of fans to and from the ground reasonably quickly. Expect lots of people to miss the kick off and leave early though - especially for evening games. Hard to see anything but lots of problems and an increasingly fit fanbase as a result of walking into town :)

I wonder how long it will be before there is a planning application (assuming one is needed) to turn local (protestor's) fields into massive matchday carparks ? It is the only realistic solution.

Fur Cough

:eek:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Fucks sake all that Art vs Science has said is that it'll be a bit of a western getting away from the Amex. He isn't having a go at the club or TB or Perry. No need for all this bitch-slapping. Chill or f*** the f*** off.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Oh dear. Apparently, i was moaning we have a brand new spanking £93 million pound stadium. I accused the club of not having any plans in place and think it cannot not possibly be done. Dear oh dear. When there are no answers to give, give them accusations and lies

No mate, what you clearly state is that "I can see it being a bit of a nightmare to be honest." How do you know then that it would be a nightmare given that you're unaware of the plans? Also, even if it does take a lot longer to get away than now, then how is that a "nightmare" anyway? Surely, it would be a price worth paying for having a lovely £93m home, wouldn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here