Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Pack 5 on sale - Includes ticket for palace game in march

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You just can't beat CB's ability to find a negative side to absolutely anything, can you? Even when there really is nothing to moan about.

You really are a ray of sunshine.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another waste of money. Everyone who wants a ticket for Palace will get one. There is no need to commit to three of the most bollocks matches of the season at the same time.

I don't see the problem really.

Those that want to buy this product will, and those that don't want to won't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Word, they are some truely shit fixtures.

Not everyone judges the attractiveness of fixtures in the same way.

For some, who value a home win over watching a quality opposition, Peterborough / Burnley / Bristol City / Palace represents a very decent set of fixtures.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not everyone judges the attractiveness of fixtures in the same way.

For some, who value a home win over watching a quality opposition, Peterborough / Burnley / Bristol City / Palace represents a very decent set of fixtures.

Fair enough, but apart from Palace I do not imagine to much of an atmosphere at those games, all be it Burnley last season was possibley the best bar the Opening game.

Plus you will not struggle to get a ticket for the most of these games anyway, so whats really the incentive? I am in agreement with TBC the people who really want a ticket for Palace will get one, just as long as they are organised.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It will sell out. I just meant it will take enough time to sell out to ensure everybody who acts relatively quickly will get a ticket without any problems. I also think the fact we have 22,000 STHs means there will be very few people who actually require a ticket for Palace. Just look at our attendances so far this season, we're only selling about 2,500 match-by-match tickets for each game.

Then you have to consider that Burnley has to be one of the three least attractive games of the season and the other two are mediocre/poor opposition on Tuesday nights. That's a really poor deal when you consider there is NO financial saving.

But, this is about guaranteeing revenue which should be welcomed. From the clubs perspective, they have thrown the carrot of guaranteeing a Palace ticket in return for a 'casual' agreeing to lay out in advance for three more fixtures.

I take onboard about attendances to date, but come March, people could be fighting each other to get hold of a Palace ticket, if we are on fire.

Maybe the club could throw a sweetener into these full price deals like offering a complimentary programme or a food item.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Still, if by having these packages available we can get closer to selling games out than if we didn't have them it's all worth it eh?

I mean they must have done some research into whether they work, or do you think they went in blind?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair enough, but apart from Palace I do not imagine to much of an atmosphere at those games, all be it Burnley last season was possibley the best bar the Opening game.

Plus you will not struggle to get a ticket for the most of these games anyway, so whats really the incentive? I am in agreement with TBC the people who really want a ticket for Palace will get one, just as long as they are organised.

To be fair, I am in agreement too, that as a product, this package is fairly pointless. Where I differ is that, I don't see a reason to MOAN about it - if nobody wants to buy it, nobody will, and the world of BHA will keep turning either way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really. Bristol City were shit, just as most of the football at The Amex this season has been. I don't go to watch walkovers, I want the other team to give us a game. Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday this season were just appalling and really did not justify 25,000 people turning up to watch them..

That's fine. Diff'rent strokes and all that. For plenty of other people though, the likes of the Sheffield Wednesday game, is EXACTLY what they want to see. I for one would be delighted, if every home game was like that one.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Another waste of money. Everyone who wants a ticket for Palace will get one. There is no need to commit to three of the most bollocks matches of the season at the same time.

index.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here