Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton & Hove Albion v. Cardiff City

Saturday 15 October 2005
Â_
COCA-COLA Â_FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
Brighton & Hove Albion v. Cardiff City
Referee: Andy Woolmer (Northamptonshire)
Assistant Referees: Ian Gosling (Kent) and James Linington (Isle of Wight)
Fourth Official: Ian Bentley (Kent)

AndyÂ_Woolmer (Northamptonshire)
20/4/66
Â_
Andy was promoted to the Southern league in 1989 and then to The Football League assistant referees list in 1994. He was promoted to the national list of referees in 2004. Andy refereed the FA Sunday cup final in 2004 and an FA Trophy semi-final in the same year as well as being an assistant referee at the League Cup final in 2003 and the Community Shield in the same year.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
My most memorable one has to be the first NSC sponsored match, watching the game in a drunken haze and picking Andy Crosby as MOM because they said choose someone other than Zamora :lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton welcome back experienced duo Jason Dodd and Richard Carpenter when they take on Cardiff at the Withdean.

Right-back Dodd has trained all week following ankle surgery, and midfielder Carpenter will also come straight back in after recovering from the foot injury that has kept him out of the last two matches.

[extract]

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...V=nat1&TEAM=BRIGHTON&RH=Brighton&PREV_SEASON=

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
sod tuesday.........i live about 15 miles from cardiff........everyone i know is a bloody cardiff supporter......we really do have to win this one !!!!! (then i will worry about tuesday) if (god forbid) we dont get a result against cardiff, my life wont be worth living !!!!:censored: :censored: ..............but on a lighter note, IM SURE WE WILL :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My most memorable game was 26th Dec 1978 when we beat Cardiff 5-0

Laughing Bluebird is already in Hove and meeting up with us at lunchtime.
Also another Cadiff fan that Fran, OTLW and I met when we went to the Wrexham LDV final at the Millenium.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Frutos in midfield?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Anything can happen against Cardiff, Teddy Maybank scored a hatrick against them once.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
dougdeep said:
Frutos in midfield?
Dodd at left back?

I'd go with:
---------Henderson
Hart-McShane-Butters-Dodd
Carole-Carpenter-Hammond-Frutos
---------Knight---Robinson

Subs:
Blayney
Reid
Nicolas
Jarrett
Kazim-Richards

Last edited:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
McGhee Rings The Changes

Albion boss Mark McGhee has made three changes from the side that lost to Norwich for this afternoon's visit of Cardiff City.

Jake Robinson, Richard Carpenter and Gary Hart all return to the starting line-up.

Robinson replaces Colin Kazim-Richards in attack, where he will partner Leon Knight; Carpenter replaces club captain Charlie Oatway in midfield, and in defence, Gary Hart comes in at right-back.

Paul Reid will therefore switch to left-back, and Kerry Mayo is left out altogether.

Cardiff make just one change from the side that lost 2-1 at home to Luton, with Jeff Whitley returning from suspension to replace Neil Ardley, who drops to the bench.

Albion: (4-4-2) Henderson; Hart, McShane, Butters, Reid; Carole, Carpenter, Hammond, Jarrett; Robinson, Knight. Subs: Blayney (GK), Oatway, Frutos, Kazim-Richards, Elphick.

Cardiff: (4-4-2) Alexander, Weston, Purse, Loovens, Barker; Koumas, Whitley, Ledley, Cooper; Ricketts, Jerome. Subs: Margetson (GK), Cox, Ardley, Parry, Lee.

Referee: Andy Woolmer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here