Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match abandoned due to bee stinging a referee

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
From the Whyteleafe FC website, they play in the Ryman South Division One. Quote from there Forum.

"The Referee Ashley Slaughter got stung by a Bee around the half hour mark, a severe reaction putting him into a very serious situation.

It must be said Gemma, Leafe's Club Physio was absolutely brilliant, realising immediately how critical the matter was, instantly calling an ambulance and administering ongoing care to retain consciousness and breathing.

The Ambulance took well over 20 minutes.

Hopefully the Ref is on the mend, but there should be no doubt, we nearly witnessed a tragedy at Church Road this afternoon.

Well done to all who helped."

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Anaphylactic shock - a shot of adrenalin I should think was needed -

My sis in law suffers the same adverse reaction to stings and nuts!!!
:facepalm:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He's fortunately making a very positive recovery to the whole ordeal :clap:

Get well soon Ash - refereed the County Cup Final at the AMEX I should add too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I am glad I am not allergic. I got chased by a swarm of stinging wasps and my natural adrenalin took over. It itched for a week.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Indeed, a lad at my sons school died from an allergic reaction to nuts a few short months ago.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Yeah it's a nightmare when we go out for a coffee and a cake!!! Even if you touch her plate with a knife that's touched anything nutty she would start having difficulty breathing and stuff!!! Catering for her is a nightmare!!! I'm paranoid I'm going to kill her everytime she comes to stay!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Whenever I read anything about Anaphylactic shock, I always think of NSC.............May contain nuts. :blush:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I suffer a bad reaction to wasp stings, I carry an epi-pen at all times during summer in case I'm stung, got stung last summer when a wasp went down inside my work boot, was off work for a week with a severely swollen foot.

Hope the bloke is ok,

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Ashley is my nephew, not spoken to him yet. My big sis says he is doing fine with recovery, although a very scary time for him and all those involved. Well done to all those that did help him. Also i work as a paramedic, 20 mins for a life threatening situation :ohmy::blush::facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ashley is one of the best young referees (or actually referees full stop) in Sussex, so all the best to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here