Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masterchef

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
How come every time the judges have a tricky decision to make they put both contestants through? John and Gregg you dozy t wats, it's a cop out!

When was the last time two olympic gymnasts both did really well so they both got Gold? Stewards enquiry at Epsom - bugger it, they can both take the win. Penalty shoot out - knob rot, cut the FA Cup in half and have a bit each.

You're judges, expert judges, the clue is in the job title - make a bloody decision.

Now I like food and I like cooking but I'm struggling to see how this show is getting an hour a night and coming up with something like 400 quarter finalists. When will it ever end? Are there enough people in Britain?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How come every time the judges have a tricky decision to make they put both contestants through? John and Gregg you dozy t wats, it's a cop out!

When was the last time two olympic gymnasts both did really well so they both got Gold? Stewards enquiry at Epsom - bugger it, they can both take the win. Penalty shoot out - knob rot, cut the FA Cup in half and have a bit each.

You're judges, expert judges, the clue is in the job title - make a bloody decision.

Now I like food and I like cooking but I'm struggling to see how this show is getting an hour a night and coming up with something like 400 quarter finalists. When will it ever end? Are there enough people in Britain?

I don't watch it anymore, "cooking doesn't get tougher than this " .. loads of overhyped wannabees and a couple of prats trying to play God. Everyone trying to come up with the most aysmmetric food combinations in order to impress Turd and Shrek... pointless.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I could not agree more, becoming a pain in the arse in this series.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, so tonight's has been balanced by none of them going through that time.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have to agree. I have already given up on this series - it's far too long, too many contestants 136 this year) and this 'you've both gone through' lark is just bollocks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why is it?

All the time it's heats the BEST cooks should be put through to the next round. I would much rather they put through no rubbish ones from one heat but 3 QUALITY ones from the other.

It's about finding the best.

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
Why is it?

All the time it's heats the BEST cooks should be put through to the next round. I would much rather they put through no rubbish ones from one heat but 3 QUALITY ones from the other.

It's about finding the best.

On that basis if Man U play Chelsea in the FA Cup they could draw and both get put though by 'judges' at the expense of Albion and Wycombe who also drew.

The show format is that it's a head to head competition. Luck of the draw and all that. Even the best of a crap 3 should go out in the next round anyway. If the best two contestants happen to meet in an early round so be it, make the decision early.

If it's not luck of the draw/performance on the day/head to head then they should score everyone and then put the top scorers though at the end of each stage. It's got to be one way or the other, not buggering around with the format as and when it suits them.

I'm having grilled sliced lamb on a bed of onion and salad served in a pitta bap with chilli sauce om that mate? keeeeeebab

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
wallace220209.jpg

It's like a pile of SUNSHINE on a PLATE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont watch it any more as I fail to see how 1 judge can say that a particular sweet doesnt have sufficient sugar in it as this is a personal thing down to individual taste. My wife likes rhubarb to be sharp I like it sweeter who can say which one is correct and that the other isnt.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I dont watch it any more as I fail to see how 1 judge can say that a particular sweet doesnt have sufficient sugar in it as this is a personal thing down to individual taste. My wife likes rhubarb to be sharp I like it sweeter who can say which one is correct and that the other isnt.

And that above, in my opinion, sums up just about every cooking programme on TV, when "Smell & Taste TV" comes into being, maybe I will change my opinion of cooking programmes.

If there was only one right way to have food, why are there so many reciepes written by so called top chefs for the same foods / dishes.

It is all down to the individual taste, as are most things in life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"It's crying out for sauce" is my new catchphrase. I shout it when people offer me a biscuit. Philistines

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And that above, in my opinion, sums up just about every cooking programme on TV, when "Smell & Taste TV" comes into being, maybe I will change my opinion of cooking programmes.

If there was only one right way to have food, why are there so many reciepes written by so called top chefs for the same foods / dishes.

It is all down to the individual taste, as are most things in life.

Mabye Gordon Ramsay has got it right after all. Forget about the food, just tell everyone to f**k off. It's a winning formula.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Two series ago was the best one, the they replaced John with Michel and Monica and it was rubbish. Now John is back it's improved but no way near as good as before.

The contestants have been worse and the catchphrases haven't been flowing

the only good thing is that they keep putting the attractive milfy women through

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I quite enjoy the Australian Masterchef series on Watch evry now and again.

A little surprising cos I usually find Australians bloody annoying. Can't really take their judges seriously though.

Is John Torode an Aussie or Kiwi? I can't tell the difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here