Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous Indian Takeaway Name

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got a flyer/menu through the letterbox yesterday for a splendidly-named (new?) curry house at 166 Lewes Road, Brighton (01273 690390).

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Balti Towers :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There is a sandwich delivery company in my area, the type that goes round trading estates/office blocks in a van, they are called Noshers...I wonder if they just provide sandwiches!

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
...there's a sandwich shop in Haywards Heath called Fine Baps. One of my favourites though is a fish and chip cafe opposite Waterloo station called Fishcoteque.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There was a handyman firm around Cleckheaton called 'Bodgit and Scarper'

They got plenty of work though. :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On a slight tangent - the ones that annoy me are the ones that advertise themselves as caring lady funeral directors.

As opposed to what, I wonder?

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
There used to be a van going round Burgess Hill who were a sort of Dyno-rod company called "Turdbusters". The slogans on its van included

- You make them, we break them
- Your business is our business
- Your number 2's are our number 1 priority

classic! :D

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
On a slight tangent - the ones that annoy me are the ones that advertise themselves as caring lady funeral directors.

As opposed to what, I wonder?

As was pointed out in another thread funeral directors are known to shag their clients, especially those who were once famous. I'm guessing the lady funeral directors don't do this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As was pointed out in another thread funeral directors are known to shag their clients, especially those who were once famous. I'm guessing the lady funeral directors don't do this.

or if they do, then they're not selfish lovers but give as well as receive. Hmmm...good point, Ash.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

That's where rigor mortis comes into its own. Talk about a stiffy :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
THPP, that is pretty random...there used to be a chippy in Saafend called "Foo King Chip Shop", I kid you not!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In Hingham, Massachusetts, you can buy your morning coffee at Brewed Awakening.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Theres a solicitors in Sligo called "Argue & Phibbs". Messrs Argue and Phibbs are both long dead but the current holders of the practice are still trading as it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here