Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Hinshelwood all over again

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
the albion performance was disgraceful today. to lose at home the way we did was horrendous. Wilkins keeps on changing the team so the players havent got a sense of 'team' as everygame theres the standard 3 or 4 changes in different positions.

Blackpool must have thought christmas came early the way we defended today, once again shocking defending.

Once that third went in the south departed like the red sea, and signs of the hinshelwood era were back.

I dunno if knight has made the right decision with giving wilkins the job as he did with hinshelwood, come xmas were find out but by then it might be too late when were in the mire

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Mouldy Boots said:
A bit unfair, i think Sainsbury's post was very Valid and accurate.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Possibly but Hinch had a hand tied behind his back to with contracts all ready offered before he was appointed taking up spaces in the squad and reducing his budget. He was crap thow.

I think Wilkins given the proper backing from the chairman and a decent coaching setup will do ok, my fear is he wont get either of those and has an impossible task.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just hope Wilkins and White get the chance to bring in players as clearly the current squad is not good enough.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am just fed up with the Hinshlewood comparison, it is very unfair on Wilkins he has never been given a chance by the 'you can not promote within gang'.

The evidence is we have probably fielded one of our weakest sides for years, we have a couple of new faces that need to fit in and 75% of our senior players players playing some of there worst football - the kids are getting abused from impatient supporters and are playing as if it is a hot potatoe.

We need to all lower expectations and let them improve without the pressure.

It's not a dig at you Sainsbury just my general opinion.

:albion:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
TOTALLY AGREE WITH SAINSBURY!

We have no chance if DW chops and changes every game
How the h... can any player have any confidence unless he is given a run in the same position
Look at the way that Robinson,Lofts and Rents have been treated in the last few games
For ...... sake decide on the best team- preferably ina 4-2-4- formation and then let them play for st least three games in a a row

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Isn't that EXACTLY what Wilkins has got though? He has loads of old players tied to a contract, virtually all of whom I wouldn't mind betting he would rather be without.

The conclusion is, to any sane man, that Wilkins has got a pile of shit to work with, and until he is given a chance to mould his own squad should be exempt from blame regarding our current situation.

It is...combined with the likes of youngsters Wilkinson and Marney...and the failure to bring anyone in (excluding an injury prone striker) and it really IS the same situation.

The difference? A certain Robert Zamora. And even he was crocked:nono:

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
Isn't that EXACTLY what Wilkins has got though? He has loads of old players tied to a contract, virtually all of whom I wouldn't mind betting he would rather be without.

The conclusion is, to any sane man, that Wilkins has got a pile of shit to work with, and until he is given a chance to mould his own squad should be exempt from blame regarding our current situation.

The voice of reason.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
You only have to listen to Wilkins for 30 seconds to realise he knows what he is doing, and that he is definitely not another Hinshelwood. It may take time due to our current ineptitude, but in the long run I back him to get it right.

And again.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
Thankyou Mr Boots. There is a lot of blame being thrown about tonight, and we are currently in a dire situation I admit. But, there is one man you cannot blame for this (well actually there are loads, Bruce Forsyth being one, Adolf Hitler being another), and that man is Dean Wilkins. Apart from being a talented coach, a passionate lover of our club, and a very likeable chap, he has only been manager for TWO GAMES. Everything I have seen of him I like, and I do honestly back him to turn this festival of turd into a proper football club once again. Make no mistake, he is aware of our weaknesses, but due to the fact we don't have a few million pounds behind the sofa there is no instant solution. He has already brought in two players, which is more than McGhee ever did in two weeks. I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet, and I think the insults and anger is going to get nastier yet, but once we do hit it then Deano is DEFINITELY the man to bring us back up.

I am with you on that all the way all we need now is for the fans to show that that are backing him and the present team vocally.

What did some peple really expect Martin O'neal type results from day 1.

Come on you super seagulls there is along way to go yet.

:ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here