Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Market Porter and pubs around London bridge OPEN tomorrow

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Had an email from an old colleague (Wolves season ticket holder) but due to living in London goes to Millwall alot so knows the score.

This is what he had to say

"Market Porter will defo be close. Sometimes Barrow Boy & Banker (bizarrely) ignores pub closures…but I’d avoid that too – or any pub along South Bank of river up to Doggetts Coat & Badge (BlackFriars).

Better off nipping over to Waterloo and drinking in the bar at Royal Festival Hall. Then get train to Thornton Heath (quick change at Clap Jn). Take your iphone (GPS) for the walk from T Heath unless you know it though….bandit country!"

Bearing in mind Millwall and Charlton both at home also this probably does have some truth to it. With pub closures in the vicinity of Selhurst also, where to go now ?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Scrap my original post. A quick call to the pub and they are open as usual.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ha, since when did the market porter etc close when Millwall are playing at home.

Although, Palace, Millwall and Charlton are all playing at home tomorrow night. That cant happen too often.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had an email from an old colleague (Wolves season ticket holder) but due to living in London goes to Millwall alot so knows the score.

"Market Porter will defo be close. Sometimes Barrow Boy & Banker (bizarrely) ignores pub closures…but I’d avoid that too – or any pub along South Bank of river up to Doggetts Coat & Badge (BlackFriars).

Better off nipping over to Waterloo and drinking in the bar at Royal Festival Hall. Then get train to Thornton Heath (quick change at Clap Jn). Take your iphone (GPS) for the walk from T Heath unless you know it though….bandit country!"

Bearing in mind Millwall and Charlton both at home also this probably does have some truth to it. With pub closures in the vicinity of Selhurst also, where to go now ?

Apart from being generally full of shit, can your mate please explain the wisdom of getting your iphone out, to walk though 'bandit country'...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is so great about market porter? i work right near there, never been in though
It serves Harveys.

It's not a bad pub, and it's in Borough Market which is pleasant enough, but to be honest there are LOADS of good pubs around London Bridge.

Anyone who says it is either brilliant or shit is talking out of their arse.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Why is he saying avoid these places? Because he thinks they are shit or because they could be a magnet for trouble?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Because he's a drama queen?

Alright lads calm down. Should have realised my mate was full of shit when thinking back, the day we signed Elliot Bennet he said he was shit.

Ive only been in Porter once, dont claim it to be great or even good. What i do know is that its near my office, near the station, and Albion drink there so thats good enough for me. (and i dont even drink Harveys)

With regards to Bandit country, hes having a laugh knowing its a derby game. But lets face it, im fully expecting there to be a fairly hostile atmosphere around the ground. Hardly going to be welcoming us with open arms are they

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Some people think the MP is pricey? WTF, it's cheaper than most Brighton pubs (as most London pubs are). You want pricey nip round the corner to the Rake where pints can cost over £10 and the crisps are £4 a packet, and it's a Portakabin that doesn't even have a gents loo. The Market Porter is aces.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not alot of pubs will be open in sth norwood .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4680195 said:
Am I correct in assuming the Wetherspoons directly outside Selhurst station will be closed then?
Not sure about that one , the one i go in is open , but regulars only . The police are having a big say on this:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here