Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Wright Suspended...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Something to do with racism, according to The Sun!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It was on Sky Sports News last night on that ticker thing at the bottom, but it only went along once which I thought was a bit odd.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BarrelofFun said:
He abused a black official whilst at Oxford United and got the sack there.....

:nono: No smoke without fire.

Jesus, political correctness gone mad:jester:

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
I go to college near the ground and i heard its to do with Sean St Ledger being dropped when lots of scouts where there to watch him

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Donk the Seagull said:
I go to college near the ground and i heard its to do with Sean St Ledger being dropped when lots of scouts where there to watch him
It's in the local rag now - Mark Wright was bollocking the lad when he came out with the phrase "black attitude."

But it's okay because John Barnes is his best mate, FFS.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Reading Posh said:
It's in the local rag now - Mark Wright was bollocking the lad when he came out with the phrase "black attitude."

Whilst not defending what he said and attitude problems are in no way confined to black players, it is true that there doesnt seem to be a week goes by but some 'Leon' style incident happens.

Some of these kids have to realise that to get all the bling and the fancy cars, you DO actually have to put the graft in.

I'm SURE I will be accused of Racism for saying this, but i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking it.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
Rougvie said:
Whilst not defending what he said and attitude problems are in no way confined to black players, it is true that there doesnt seem to be a week goes by but some 'Leon' style incident happens.

Some of these kids have to realise that to get all the bling and the fancy cars, you DO actually have to put the graft in.

I'm SURE I will be accused of Racism for saying this, but i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking it.

:censored: racist

:jester:

E

enigma

Rougvie said:

I'm not accusing you, but I'm not really sure what you mean....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:

I must admit I do agree with this to a certain extent. Certain black players like Knight, Dyer, Pennant, Ferdinand etc do seem to have a ponchant for ideas above their station, material excess and a lack of respect for others.

However certain white players, such as Morris, Bowyer, Woodgate, Terry seem to enjoy the odd punch up, spending stupid amounts of money and getting so pissed they can't see.

I think it is more of a social problems, i.e coming from poor backgrounds, just comes out in different ways, which may be a cultural thing.

I think Wright probably meant it the more traditional misconception of black players being lazy.

E

enigma

Oh I see. I dont really think you can categorise by race, I think its far more to do with the individuals background.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
enigma said:
Oh I see. I dont really think you can categorise by race, I think its far more to do with the individuals background.

Which is the point I alluded to. However you still have to take into account that certain distasteful traits can be sublimated in certain cultural characteristics. For example a lot of Anglo players tend to get in trouble for booze than Anglo-Caribbean or Anglo-African ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here