Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee's novel

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
According to yesterday's Argus he's writing a novel with a football theme. Given that the number of good football novels I can think of is exactly one (it's The Arsenal Stadium Mystery: I'm not including Michael Hardcastle's dreadful seventies offerings for kids) I'm going to be intrigued.

Who'll be in it? A recalcitrant striker called Calvin Kevin Richmore? A stroppy defender called Denny Collip? A dashing young Aberdonian manager, still at the peak of his fitness, Mike McGray? A steamy love affair with his clipboard-wielding henchwoman, Babs Bicker?

It's going to be BRILLIANT.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It'll have the wrong chapter 1,chapter 3 will be useless.There will be no chapter 9,though one will be promised soon.Chapter 2 will be where chapter 7 should be,and chapter 10 will refuse to be in
the book altogether,and will instead appear in K.Jackets novel.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
McClown has already done the photo shoot for the front cover.

Attachments

• clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 417

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
withdeanwombat said:
It'll have the wrong chapter 1,chapter 3 will be useless.There will be no chapter 9,though one will be promised soon.Chapter 2 will be where chapter 7 should be,and chapter 10 will refuse to be in

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Magoo still won't have sorted out the key final chapter by deadline day - meaning the whole project collapses, and he gets the boot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
withdeanwombat said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

That is brilliant...well, it made me laugh in any case.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
withdeanwombat said:

And not forgetting the final chapter which, after you've read it, will later be deemed irrelevant anyway in the epilogue.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I scrolled down to that picture, very slowly, I thought it was going to be a story about the psychedilic chapter of the Ku Klux Klan...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here