Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee named new Luton Town boss

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Uncle Buck said:
According to some on here he is due a far better job than Luton, so he must be holding out for that.

broken%20record.jpg

Fer crisakes people he's gone forget him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seeing as the word on the street is that McGhee is still being paid his salary by Brighton (rather than him receiving a lump-sum one-off payment on his departure), I would say that implies he is still under contract to us. Therefore, McGhee doesn't need to go and find work.

But I could be wrong on that score.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If I was a Luton supporter, I'd rather have McGhee as manager than Blackwell. At least McGhee has a proven track record with various clubs in this division. Blackwell hasn't achieved much as a manager and to be offered a four year deal is just insane.

Last edited:

The Large One said:
Seeing as the word on the street is that McGhee is still being paid his salary by Brighton (rather than him receiving a lump-sum one-off payment on his departure), I would say that implies he is still under contract to us. Therefore, McGhee doesn't need to go and find work.

That he hasn't gone straight back into management speaks volumes then. A consummate professional manager with enthusiasm for the game wouldn't rest on his laurels for long - his 'need' would include getting back in there, and getting some success elsewhere.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:

So how would you explain this then... Yay AL is wrong (for once)

McGhee, still living within

hearing distance of Withdean,

is finding it hard to

jump back on the managerial

merry-go-round.

Low-cost, internal appointments

appear to be the fashion

nowadays.

"It has been pretty much

torture," he admitted. "I've

been going to a few games,

not that many.

"Other than that I sit and

watch the results coming in

on a Saturday, watch all the

football I can on TV and go on

to the internet after every

match day looking at all the

teams and who has and hasn't

played to keep up to speed.

"I've been looking for

another job since the day I left

Brighton. I wanted to get

back into work immediately

and that continues to be the

case."

violin-miniature-case.jpg

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f*** me, the hatred for McGhee from some people absolutely astonishes me. There's a general consensus from our support that it was time to go but it's not like he was the worst thing that ever happened is it? We had one truly shit season under McGhee. One. However, we also had one promotion, an away victory over Palace and a full season in the Championship that didn't actually result in relegation. All whilst playing at Withdean and being forced to sell our better players.

Give the bloke a f***ing break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here