Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Lawrenson, what a tosser.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He's been getting on my wick for years with his arrogant, sneering punditry and putting BHA down but he's just taken the biscuit on Football Focus regarding John Crumplin by saying sarcastically "what is the definition of cult?" and then referring to Bruce Grobellar as "proper cult". What an absolute twat that man is. I don't care how good a player he was for us, and I saw him, he's a f***ing tit.

....and relax

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
just because he didn't get a mention :lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Braders7 said:

Yep, sums him up really. He was the same when we played Preston two seasons ago, didn't have a good word to say about us and banged on about how class PNE were. The man's an utter disgrace!

Braders7 said:
But he did. Gordon Strachan and Alan Hansen both claimed to have voted for JC. And Hansen said that it's not just made his day, but made his life, that Lawrenson was way behind Crumplin.

Lawrenson just looked shifty - plainly embarrassed to be associated with a small provincial club in the south east.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hungry Joe said:
He's been getting on my wick for years with his arrogant, sneering punditry and putting BHA down but he's just taken the biscuit on Football Focus regarding John Crumplin by saying sarcastically "what is the definition of cult?" and then referring to Bruce Grobellar as "proper cult". What an absolute twat that man is. I don't care how good a player he was for us, and I saw him, he's a f***ing tit.

....and relax

"what is the definition of cu*t?" and then referring to Mark Lawrenson as "proper cu*t".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
While he has never had much to say about his playing days, Lawrenson has been positive on the subject of Falmer.

Don't think his time down here was the best for him as his wife kicked him out and said that the club pampered him too much. Made the News of the World when it happened

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
El Presidente said:

Don't think his time down here was the best for him as his wife kicked him out and said that the club pampered him too much.

Eh? He (or his wife) was claiming that the club pampered him too much?????!!!! Don't you just hate it when people pamper you too much, can't stand it myself, I'd rather play for free than be pampered.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Lord Bracknell said:

Lawrenson just looked shifty - plainly embarrassed to be associated with a small provincial club in the south east.

Didn't know he'd ever played for palace.

Should plainly be overjoyed that he played for the monolithic steamroller that is Brighton and Hove Albion however

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pity if Lawro has shown a lack of respect to the Albion as many fans, myself included, consider him to be one of our best players of all time.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark Lawrenson, what a tosser.

Safeway said:
Really? Bugger. I concentrated intensly on the whole 'cult' discussion, trying to see if they would make a sly c*nt reference.

Obviously missed it. :dunce:

Me too, I think Wozza is giving him too much creative credit, he was just being an arse. If it was clearly a joke it was as clear as mud.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hungry Joe said:

....and relax

So, you don't like Lawro then, I think I got that

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I like him......& I know he likes Brighton.
I think he might of been having what's known as a "laugh!"

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Used to love watching him strut his silky, classy stuff for The Albion, but these days (and for some good deal of time) I just think he's a c:censored: t

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here