Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Gall, Remember him?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I always remembered him, such a waste. Stood head and shoulders above the others in our team at the time. What did Lloyd say about him?

Remember him very well. Always that surge of excitement in the North Stand whenever he got the ball in some space and started running.

Didn't Lloyd say something about buying a big "Coon" or someting to that effect ?, I remember it being discussed at one of the first BISA meetings down at the Concorde but honestly couldn't remember if it was Gall that was the player concerned.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Remember him very well. Always that surge of excitement in the North Stand whenever he got the ball in some space and started running.

Didn't Lloyd say something about buying a big "Coon" or someting to that effect ?, I remember it being discussed at one of the first BISA meetings down at the Concorde but honestly couldn't remember if it was Gall that was the player concerned.

Erm....:)

Mark Gall was a class act, he could of shown a lot of strikers who followed him down at the Goldstone just how to play.

troyski

Sep 9, 2011
"Smokey" was probably my favourite player of all time (Maidstone fan). Great partnership with Steve Butler.

There's a remarkable lack of info on him in the internet and an even greater lack of pictures but I found a link by by googling Mark Smokey Gall. Not allowed to put links in as not enough posts but there's a my space site for "cmcmatrixsoundsytem" and then a crew memebers page for Smokey.

Is it the great man in recent years or is there another Mark Smokey Gall?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gall was superb. We bought him from Maidstone I think. I was GUTTED when it turned out he was forced to retire. :-(

Yeah, same here. I really thought we'd uncovered a gem - well we HAD - only to had him taken away so cruelly due to inj.

troyski

Sep 9, 2011
Same at Maidstone I believe. Heard rumours along the lines of those touched on earlier in the thread.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Smokey" was probably my favourite player of all time (Maidstone fan). Great partnership with Steve Butler.

There's a remarkable lack of info on him in the internet and an even greater lack of pictures but I found a link by by googling Mark Smokey Gall. Not allowed to put links in as not enough posts but there's a my space site for "cmcmatrixsoundsytem" and then a crew memebers page for Smokey.

Is it the great man in recent years or is there another Mark Smokey Gall?

http://www.myspace.com/cmcmatrixsoundsystem

There is a link at the bottom to crew members. It could be him, but could easily NOT be him, it's been a long time since we saw him flying along in the stripes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I got my season video back today so will watch the goals he scored!!

troyski

Sep 9, 2011
Looking at it again, I'm more confident it is him. Would be quite a coincidence if there was another Mark Gall nicknamed Smokey - unless the nickname is related to the name which i'm almost certain it's not. Think he liked a puff.

I was pretty surprised there were no photos of him on the internet as a footballer (none I could find anyway).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Mike Small & Byrne were great,if only we had Gall at the same time..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here