Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Gall, Remember him?

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
He was bloody class, like someone else said "Built like a Brick Shit House" and my god that boy was rapid. I seem to recall he was Ian Wright's strike partner when they were younger.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great player,shame we didn't see him for long.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When he scored the winner against Newcastle it caused Keegan's first ever FLOUNCE as manager, and forced the Barcode directors to open the cheque books at St James' Park to prevent him from leaving the home of England's most deluded fans.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Gall and Meade used to charge round the pitch like 2 bulls
Gall was useful though and very difficult to mark, stocky player like Mark Hughes but much faster
Just when Gall was reaching the top of his game with us his career was ended through injury
Loved by the fans

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Maheta Molango. Scored within 20 seconds at Reading and quite literally did nothing else.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
He was class! I seem to remember that a few big teams were sniffing around him (including Liverpool) but obviously never happened due to his unfortunate injury.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He had the potential to be a legend. V v fast. He did have to retire. He would have tore up div three ( we went down that season) he wasnt big tho. He was leon knight stature. He followed mark beeney from maidstone. Think we paid abot ten grand for him. That goal he scored at newcastle prompted keegans resignation tho he did reconsider a few days after!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just seen el pres post so it wasnt just me then!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Mark Gall!!! Not just a class player and very sad when he had to retire, but the subject of the most surreal (and outrageous by modern standards) conversation with Barry Lloyd when the very earliest version of BISA asked him for a meeting to discuss how crap we were getting and what we were going to do about it.Oh, the mists of time....

I always remembered him, such a waste. Stood head and shoulders above the others in our team at the time. What did Lloyd say about him?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When we beat Pompey 2-1 in a relegation seasn i remember him curling a beautiful ball over to Meade on the floor to tap in. There was criticism that he could only dance around players for his own ends, but that ball in disproved that. He scored at the other end just afer halftime to send us 2-0 up. Magnificent player. His goal in the last minute against Millwall at home had him jiggle back and forth past 3 players at least to slot one in from the edge of the box.
I seem to remember he'd played at clubs that went out of business - Maidstone and Aldershot - so there was a worry that his signing cold mean our end.
gutted that he had to retire at 30. I found him majestic. And tramplike with his chipped-tooth smile and raggedly hair. Quality.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Great player , very quick and thunderbolt shot , very sad when he was forced to retire.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Anyone remember us paying a ridiculous (for us at the time) amount for someone nobody had ever heard of.....Mark Farrington.

Mark Gall was great - he used to just walk round defenders.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone remember us paying a ridiculous (for us at the time) amount for someone nobody had ever heard of.....Mark Farrington.

We paid £60,000 - not a particularly large amount for a team who were aspiring to the Premiership.

The player I remember that we thought was going to be great was Alan Duffy. He scored an absolute belter on his debut and we thought we had a real find. Sadly, he spent more time chasing pints than chasing footballs after that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Mark Gall was great - he used to just walk round defenders.

100 k I think , thing was we had no money and this was a massive massive deal at the time . Farrington was shocking beyond belief . Think holroyd and you ain't halfway there . Not forgetting wasn't it our biggest fee for 20 years until recent years . Barry Lloyd again !, as for gall , lightning quick and loved by the fans , used to speed into keepers when they were trying to clear lines . Danced round players for fun . Also ran in the football league sprint competition . Fastest player I've seen in the stripes . Meade in comparison was a sloth and dollop ... Fantastic haircut years ahead of its time though . Was many in the north sporting Raphael meades on a Saturday . What was meades scoring record , he was ok to be fair but we were well in decline then

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Denny Mundee - saw him leaving a newsagent round the corner from St James's Park after we'd just lost to Exeter..... clutching a newly purchased pack of Benson and Hedges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here