Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marie Harding's murderer found guilty

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Freddy Krueger Killer Guilty
Updated: 14:39, Thursday March 16, 2006

A man who wanted to become a notorious serial killer like fictional Freddy Krueger has been found guilty of murdering four people.

Daniel Gonzalez knifed to death two men and two women over three days in September 2004 and attempted to kill two others.

The court heard how he wanted to be a notorious serial killer in a campaign of murder stretching from the south coast of England to London.

He killed three of his victims in London, the other in Worthing, West Sussex.

After his arrest he told police he wondered what it would be like to be Freddy Krueger for a day.

This was a reference to the fictional murderer from the Nightmare On Elm Street films.

Gonzalez' defence team had accepted he killed each of his four victims.

They claimed he had been suffering from auditory hallucinations - voices commanding him to kill - which diminished his responsibility in law.

The prosecution agreed he had a personality disorder, but said this was not the same as suffering from a mental illness.

Gonzalez is due to be sentenced on Friday.

------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will bring some sense of justice to Julie and family.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I expect they will put him in a cosy hospital somewhere while we pay £100,000 to keep him fed and entertained.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dougdeep said:
I expect they will put him in a cosy hospital somewhere while we pay £100,000 to keep him fed and entertained.

Well it was murder and not under diminished responsibility - so he shouldnt get sectioned

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thank Goodness for this.

I spoke to Julie on Saturday at the Preston game and although they tried as hard as possible to prove he was bonkers, there was always some suspicion about his motives.

Hopefully, Jim, Julie, Andy, natalie and Danny have some sort of closure and begin to rebuild their lives.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Well it was murder and not under diminished responsibility - so he shouldnt get sectioned

Good, given that he admitted he wanted to be a murderer for a day he shot himself in the foot really didnt he, no chance of getting diminished responsibility after that! :shootself

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
tedebear said:
Glad this person is off the streets frankly !!

It just worries me how these people are allowed to walk the streets in the first place. Surely you can't be that far off your trolley and not have anyone notice it?

Why do we have so many complete hatstands just walking the streets?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
It just worries me how these people are allowed to walk the streets in the first place. Surely you can't be that far off your trolley and not have anyone notice it?

Why do we have so many complete hatstands just walking the streets?

Its called "care in the community" and its cheaper to close mental hospitals and hope that society "cares" for the poor unfortunate souls ....when in fact they end up on the streets.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It seems ironic that only now he has killed these people will he actually get the supervision and treatment that he so clearly needed in the first place.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dies Irae said:
Its called "care in the community" and its cheaper to close mental hospitals and hope that society "cares" for the poor unfortunate souls ....when in fact they end up on the streets.

I know what it's called, I just cannot believe we are still doing it. The whole idea seemed flawed from the start, and there have been countless murders committed by people who should NOT have been walking the streets.

We pissed our pants at foot and mouth, which is not actually a danger to anyone, but headcases wandering around the streets murdering people, and we just seem to shrug our shoulders.

I just don't understand.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Incredigull said:
Send the bastard down

For a very very very long time.

hope he gets maximum jail time so that Marie can RIP:angel:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good! I hope his doesn't last too long.