Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter appreciation thread

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Quality today despite all of us writing him off- including myself.

Was outstanding although anyone thought there was a slight irony that a John Terry lookalike replaced Bridgey!

Well done Marcos- still got a part to play :bowdown:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Good shift in today. Looked composd on the ball and some good challenges. If he had a bit more pace he'd be really challenging Bridge...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Quality today despite all of us writing him off- including myself.

Was outstanding although anyone thought there was a slight irony that a John Terry lookalike replaced Bridgey!

Well done Marcos- still got a part to play :bowdown:

You beat me to it. He was excellent today and has proved me wrong in the past two games as I really didn't think he was good enough for this division.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no way he has enough pace for the way Gus wants the game played.

Plenty good enough Championship DEFENDER, but that's where it ends.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Had a good game today. Feel a bit sorry for him that he'll lose his place when Bridge is fit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can't do well without people like Marcus there to step in, so thank you Marcus.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Played very well. Some good attacking play and good passing. Only caught out for pace once. Well done, Marcus!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Played very well. Some good attacking play and good passing. Only caught out for pace once. Well done, Marcus!
First half, just inside the half way line? He was out of position, after going forward, and it lead to their best (only) chance of the half.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brilliant attitude as well - has had nothing but praise for Bridge since he joined us. Top pro!

This.

Had a good game today despite knowing that he'll soon be back behind an ex England player on loan from Citeh. Good game, great attitude.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brilliant attitude as well - has had nothing but praise for Bridge since he joined us. Top pro!

I agree. We need two good players for every position on the field and Painter knows that when Bridge is fit, he'll drop back to the bench but still gives his all.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Fantastic professional. So glad he's proved those who wanted rid of him wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here