Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March To Falmer - This Sunday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am tired and emotional, I should have been in bed hours ago, but this is just too big. Saturday demos's in London and/or Wycombe might be good, but I think we need to do something locally to drum up support, spread the word, and increase awareness of this dire turn of events. Off the back of eiregulls idea on another thread, I suggest the following.

At 11.00am this Sunday 8th Feb, as many Albion fans as possible congregate outside Withdean Stadium in Tongdean Lane, and begin a march up the A23 and then along the A27 to the site at Falmer. Bring flags, banners, horns, whistles, anything to make a noise and make a spectacle. Anything and everything to raise the profile of this.

I have no idea about logistics or permission for this kind of thing, I don't even know if we'd all end up getting arrested. But I know I just feel we have to do SOMETHING, and we have to do it QUICK. Inform the press, inform the local TV news, inform the police. If anyone has any experience of organising marches, then please post on this thread. I'll do all I can to follow this up with whoever I need to speak to, but I've never done this before, and so any help would be gratefully received. If it means I turn up there on Sunday alone, then I will, but we've stuck together and done this type of thing before in the past and we can do it again.

Is it legal ? What can and can't we do ? We need advice, but surely we must do SOMETHING.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
NOOOOOO, not 11. Either earlier or later. I have to be at work then. I'll try my hardest to get out of it, but, pleassssseeeeee. Earlier would be best if possible. Please.

And yes, something in the town centre on Friday. Leaflets should be given out tomorrow (today I guess). I'm there if necessary.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hilton said:
NOOOOOO, not 11. Either earlier or later. I have to be at work then. I'll try my hardest to get out of it, but, pleassssseeeeee. Earlier would be best if possible. Please.

And yes, something in the town centre on Friday. Leaflets should be given out tomorrow (today I guess). I'm there if necessary.

I'm going to bloody Chelsea against friggin Charlton on Sunday and wouldn't be able to either but that's really not the point is it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bollocks to work, and bollocks to Chelsea. If we had to try and fit it round everyones weekend arrangements, it just ain't gonna happen is it. Obviously its short notice, but sacrifices have to be made. Surely the majority of Albion fans arn't doing much on a Sunday morning they can't get out of ? If not Sunday, then WHEN ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'll quite happily make the sacrifice. I'll be more than happy to make the sacrifice. This is so much more important than ANYTHING else.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I will be there NO MATTER WHAT, it's just it's not the best time. We need a tonne of flyers and posters made up with the details on I reckon, and get them given out in the town centre over the next 2 days.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
All coaches and cars and fans traverling on the train should divert to downing street on Saturday. Not Sunday!, Lets show them how much a staduim means to us football fans in sussex.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
All coaches and cars and fans traverling on the train should divert to downing street on Saturday. Not Sunday!, Lets show them how much a staduim means to us football fans in sussex.

Good idea...let's all get our vehicles decked out in Albion stuff and bring central London to a standstill on Saturday. I'm up for that.

I'm also up for bringing the M40 to a standstill-maybe a slow 5 mph crawl in all 3 lanes in both directions. Maybe not-could piss off a lot of people. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Turkey said:
I'm going to bloody Chelsea against friggin Charlton on Sunday and wouldn't be able to either but that's really not the point is it.

I was at a Chelsea v Liverpool cup game during the height of the Archer Out campaign. In amongst the LFC fans I managed to get right above the players' tunnel and as the teams came out before each half I hung my Archer Out poster over the tunnel entrance. Once the LFC fans were made aware of what was happening and why I wanted the poster seen they all asked if I had any more.

Go to Chelsea and get us some publicity on TV.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bwian said:
I was at a Chelsea v Liverpool cup game during the height of the Archer Out campaign. In amongst the LFC fans I managed to get right above the players' tunnel and as the teams came out before each half I hung my Archer Out poster over the tunnel entrance. Once the LFC fans were made aware of what was happening and why I wanted the poster seen they all asked if I had any more.

Go to Chelsea and get us some publicity on TV.

Um. Well that's not a bad idea. Not sure what I could do exactly. Roll out the giant flag!! :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Turkey said:
Um. Well that's not a bad idea. Not sure what I could do exactly. Roll out the giant flag!! :lolol:

THAT would be a massive coup...you might get away with it seeing as how it's Blue and White!

Betcha can't!:clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bwian said:
THAT would be a massive coup...you might get away with it seeing as how it's Blue and White!

Betcha can't!:clap2:

lol. It would be amazing. I don't think I can either though. :lolol:

However, we're friendly with Charlton. If I can contact there supporters club they might get some fans to help unravel it with me.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I organised a march in the London Borough where I live. Any march is legal providing you keep moving - what is illegal is to sit or lie in the road. In those circumstances the police can move you on. The one I organised was about a road scheme and the police cannot stop you crossing and recrossing a a road(s) to stop the traffic. You can also obviously slow up traffic by marching the full breadth of the road. Obviously not appropriate for the A23. One of the most important things to do is to inform the local police - this is imperative both for health and safety of the marchers, but also you are legally bound to do so.

Does anyone know where this Inspector lives - ? Brighton. Might be a good idea to check the electoral roll and march up and down near where he lives for maximum inconvenience and embarrassment to him.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think we have to tread fairly carefully, it could just play into the NIMBY's hands if we were to go round the Inspectors house, or even to Falmer itself as they could spin it round to make capital for their nastly little agenda.

You can just see the Argus quote now..

'These are the louts we will have to put up with every Saturday' etc etc etc, of course we would probably only be singing a few songs, but it can be made to look bad, when you have eager local journos looking to make a name for themselves.

Remember they have friends in high places, I think its much more to our advantage if we march in Brighton or London, going to Falmer just may attract the 'wrong element' who may just go up for a bit of confrontation, and thats the very last thing we need right now !

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Crossing and recrossing the sea front road?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here