Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March 29th, 1986: The Palace Delusion

Why? For taking an extra half million quid?

I 'get' that you sympathize with Murray and are completely understanding of his motive to gain more money.

Do you NOT understand that many people dislike him for going to palace?

HE doesn't care about rivalry when it comes to money - I get that too.
Howabout some BHAFC fans not caring about his career any more now?
I certainly can understand that people don't care about his career or if he had it ended too soon. Of all professionals in all careers in the world - this I certainly can understand, personally.

Several Albion fans wouldn't lose much sleep if he busted a knee, some would even wish it on him.

Personally, I believe it will come round to bite him, and them, in the arse - natural karma. This faith means I remain somewhat at peace about his transfer even if I do think he's a twat.

Last edited:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Why? For taking an extra half million quid?

Are you deliberately being obtuse? He's joined Palace. Our rivals. So for that he is a complete wally in my eyes. That's what for. You know this. We know you know. Why are you pretending to be so ignorant?

Last edited by a moderator:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you deliberately being obtuse? He's joined Palace. Our rivals. So for that he is a complete wally in my eyes. That's what for. You know this. We know you know. Why are you pretending to be so ignorant?

I understand it, are you being so ignorant as to not understand why he did it?

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
2Bfair2 #cpfc :p they've alot more 2 offer Northerner Mugga, on the Selhurst allotments... Lean to's surrounding a Veg patch:D LMFA:O #bhafc

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you NOT understand that many people dislike him for going to palace?

Yes I 'get' it. Like everyone else I can think of 91 clubs I would rather he went to.

HE doesn't care about rivalry when it comes to money - I get that too.
Every man has his price, even you. I get that.

Howabout some BHAFC fans not caring about his career any more now?
Seems reasonable.

Several Albion fans wouldn't lose much sleep if he busted a knee, some would even wish it on him.

This is where I find it repugnant.

natural karma.
No such thing. Plenty of obnoxious people are very successful.

This faith means I remain somewhat at peace about his transfer even if I do think he's a twat.

I'm personally gutted that he is leaving.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
it was one of the reasons for us changing our names from dolphins to seagulls in response to palace eagles, and the rivalry will always be there for that reason.
and where palace fans seem stuck in the 80's (we bigger club than you blar blar blar) this season we will start on at a even level, and as others have said these are the two matches im looking forward to most , onwards and upwards

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
So what? It's clear the rivalry is there now from both sides and clear that a lot of Brighton fans are pissed off with Murray. You can keep writing post after post trying to belittle fans who feel that way but it won't change the way we feel.

It's time you got off your high horse, to be honest. It seems that if ever there's a thread where you can take some contrary view then you do so.

Have to say I have one of those scummers as a pal "until match day" always have the banter but when we play them this season....oh I cant wait. Where do you start, Murray, our new stadium, a team and board/management team going places. Most hurtful football match ever when Johnson did his bit, but we returned the favour when McShane scored the winner in their back yard. With respect given the history between our clubs, unless you understand it, you'll never will. Plenty of books are there to explain

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
THIS !
I think we must be of a similar age Rocker 959 .

Could well be mate , was born in 1958, first game 63. Thanks for agreeing with my post ref/ Palace rivalry.

Attachments

• imagesCAAJUOIF.jpg
    imagesCAAJUOIF.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 66

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I understand it, are you being so ignorant as to not understand why he did it?

The point Joey is making is that whilst he does understand why he's made the move (and he can't be blamed I agree) the fact is that he's joined Palace as they made him the best offer. They feel that they have a result as he's cost them nothing in transfer fees (although his wages and signing on fee must have) whereas we feel that we can get a better player than him. Nobody wins, nobody loses but the fact that he has joined our traditional rivals has clearly upset a few people. It's not helped by some Palace fans attempting to gloat about it which once again proves that they are clueless, if we'd have wanted him as badly as they do then he would still be a Brighton player.

Ok you two ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The point Joey is making is that whilst he does understand why he's made the move (and he can't be blamed I agree) the fact is that he's joined Palace as they made him the best offer. They feel that they have a result as he's cost them nothing in transfer fees (although his wages and signing on fee must have) whereas we feel that we can get a better player than him. Nobody wins, nobody loses but the fact that he has joined our traditional rivals has clearly upset a few people. It's not helped by some Palace fans attempting to gloat about it which once again proves that they are clueless, if we'd have wanted him as badly as they do then he would still be a Brighton player.

Ok you two ?

Fine by me Frank.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With respect, given the history between our clubs, unless you understand it, you'll never will. Plenty of books are there to explain

I was there in the 80's and I do understand it.

I'm saying it wasn't always as fierce as some make it out to be.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not helped by some Palace fans attempting to gloat about it which once again proves that they are clueless, if we'd have wanted him as badly as they do then he would still be a Brighton player.

I agree entirely, Palace wanted him more than we did, end of story. As for gloating, some of our lot did the same to Swindon when we signed Greer.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can't explain football emotion with everyday logic. To say he's just gone to a better paid job is missing the point of football entirely, in every other area of my life I would agree with that statement, but not with football.

I don't even really know why I hate pa**ce, I just do - mabye I've been brainwashed like those people who truly believed the world was going to end last week, or the silly sods who explode themselves in the belief they're going to shag 40 virgins (crappest prize for killing yourself ever). I'm not about to srap semtex to my body and blow up selhurst, but I genuinely don't like the bastards. Ilogical? certainly, real emotion? definitely.

If I was applying everyday logic I probably wouldn't go to football in the first place - Why travel 1000s of miles and spend a big chunk of what I earn and work for just to watch 22 blokes chase a ball round a bit of grass.

I don't need to explain why I do it, I don't need to explain why I hate pal**e, I don't need to explain why murray is a judas - I do, I do and he is. End of.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I agree entirely, Palace wanted him more than we did, end of story. As for gloating, some of our lot did the same to Swindon when we signed Greer.

Swindon though made some rather disparaging remarks and given the fact that like Chesterfield they haven't forgiven us for beating them one time. Anyway the joke is on them now isn't it ? Swindon considered it a 'sideways' move whereas Palace seem to think they have scored a major coup over us, we Brighton fans know better (as usual).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here