Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manufacturers don't want logo on Palace shirts.....

D

Deleted member 18477

'The club have been asking fans to help them choose a designs for the club’s crest, which is being changed for reasons including the fact that the current badge is not easy to reproduce on the club’s shirts due to its complexity.'

what the f*** are they on about!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That article doesn't make any sense, they say they want a bespoke kit but that suppliers won't make enough of them to be worthwhile, but they will make them without a logo? I know we'd like to think that we'll always sell more shirts than them, but we have 2 bespoke kits at the moment, we had bespoke kits for the last 2 season, and we sold enough to be worthwhile, why wouldn't their manufacturer be able to make bespoke for them?

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
'The club have been asking fans to help them choose a designs for the club’s crest, which is being changed for reasons including the fact that the current badge is not easy to reproduce on the club’s shirts due to its complexity.'

what the f*** are they on about!

In other words their new designer can't quite manage it in MS Paint

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
That article doesn't make any sense, they say they want a bespoke kit but that suppliers won't make enough of them to be worthwhile, but they will make them without a logo? I know we'd like to think that we'll always sell more shirts than them, but we have 2 bespoke kits at the moment, we had bespoke kits for the last 2 season, and we sold enough to be worthwhile, why wouldn't their manufacturer be able to make bespoke for them?

I guess the main kit suppliers have standard templates which they flog around the world, just using different colours. The likes of Nike, Adidas, Puma etc prob are interested in moving away from those templates. The smaller companies probably see them as a credit risk that could knock them at anytime!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The smaller companies probably see them as a credit risk that could knock them at anytime!
I would want payment upfront before doing anything for clubs with a history of administration.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe they could get the kits made by Sports Express.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
palacebadges.jpg

Seriously, is C a piss take?
It looks like one of those badges you choose for your fantasy team on Fifa.. only worse

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
didn't they have a poll to decide one of those badges last year?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here