Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandaric & Owls set to lose millions

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
From the BBC website:

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric says he will face a bill of millions of pounds if the Owls are not promoted from League One this season.

Wednesday lie 16th in the third tier, 18 points off the play-off places and only seven above the relegation zone.

"if the Owls are not promoted"? :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'll cost him millions more as well once he carries on sacking various managers next season - which he will.

Can't imagine an Adams-esque comment like "I didn't know we had to be top in October" going down too well with MM.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Makes you wonder how a club with their gates can get themselves in such a mess.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Much as I'd love them to take points off of SCC this Saturday, I can't see it happening. If this happens and we win they will be 31 points behind us with only 10 games left, and join the growing group of teams that can't catch us. Have to say that this will cause me to have a bit of a snigger at many of their fans who thought that they woul 'p1ss this league'.

Much as I'd love them to take points off of Southampton this Saturday, I can't see it happening. If this happens and we win they will be 31 points behind us with only 10 games left, and join the growing group of teams that can't catch us. Have to say that this will cause me to have a bit of a snigger at many of their fans who thought that they would 'piss this league'.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Oh well, wouldn't be surprised if it all goes pear shaped for them next season...

and quicker than you can say '10 point deduction for going into administration'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They need to be more worried about relegation to L2

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
much as i'd love them to take points off of southampton this saturday, i can't see it happening. If this happens and we win they will be 31 points behind us with only 10 games left, and join the growing group of teams that can't catch us. Have to say that this will cause me to have a bit of a snigger at many of their fans who thought that they would 'piss this league'.

fixtures!!!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Their last 15 league games

W 2 (both away)
D 4
L 9

10 points from 45

Shame.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Mandric is a money mongrel, not interested in the club and it's future but, in only how much dosh he can make and make quickly. Unfortuately theres loads of them in Football, they never invest in an academy because that doesn't interest them. People like Mandric never pump their own money into clubs they take out ridiculous loans on repayment terms that cripple then in years to come.

How the hell he passes the fit and proper test the supposed football authorites use baffles the hell out of me. Although that can be said of many chairman.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can't imagine an Adams-esque comment like "I didn't know we had to be top in October" going down too well with MM.

I had completely forgot about that comment from Micky. Kinda funny looking back since we went top back in september this season.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
They join a long list of 'big' clubs who have dropped to this level and expect it to be easy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One thing league 1 teaches some clubs is to learn to digest that large plate of humility. I think Norwich did but it seems Wednesday and SCC have just spat it out. They`ll learn one day though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here