Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

managers...... (slade)

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
why do so many fans expect so much from lower league managers? no team is going to come out every season and perform to a high level and win most games only the top premiership will do that so why do we expect so much?

why do people think slade should leave?

i for one think he should be given time like all managers should, we are only 11 games in and at the start of the season i would have taken mid table and theres still loads of time to do that we are still re-building the squad, next year is the season i would like to see us push!

just wondered why so many people will want slade out if we don't win against gillingham tomorrow night?

:albion2:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I dont want Slade out I believe he's the right man for the job, But I do think he needs a decent no.2 to work alongside him and a new 1st team coach.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
because according to some deluded people on here, we are the biggest club outside the Premiership

:lol:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
why do so many fans expect so much from lower league managers? no team is going to come out every season and perform to a high level and win most games only the top premiership will do that so why do we expect so much?

why do people think slade should leave?

i for one think he should be given time like all managers should, we are only 11 games in and at the start of the season i would have taken mid table and theres still loads of time to do that we are still re-building the squad, next year is the season i would like to see us push!

just wondered why so many people will want slade out if we don't win against gillingham tomorrow night?

Because with the amount of money he has spent we should be alot higher up the table. Loads of managers prove that after very little time with a squad they can get a team firing. Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, Andy Scott at Brentford and Mark Robins at Rotherham and now Barnsley to name but a few. We have spent alot of money and have a decent squad, we should not be where we are and the manager and coaches have to take some of that blame.

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
but slade has done well with little money in the past as well like these managers your naming!
he just needs time an i totally agree that we need a decent coach and assistant manger with him.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Because with the amount of money he has spent we should be alot higher up the table. Loads of managers prove that after very little time with a squad they can get a team firing. Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, Andy Scott at Brentford and Mark Robins at Rotherham and now Barnsley to name but a few. We have spent alot of money and have a decent squad, we should not be where we are and the manager and coaches have to take some of that blame.

Surely you could argue that without Slade we would be a lot lower - by which I mean a division down. Whether he did it by luck or judgement, we were almost certainly doomed to the 4th tier before he arrived.

*Disclaimer : I am only playing devils advocate here*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, Slade did well to keep us up and nothing will ever take that away from him.

Indeed, whilst there's no shame in being a League 1 club a drop down to League 2 with Falmer so close could have been disastrous, and you wonder whether Bloom would have come on board with the same financial package if we'd have dropped down.

So he has brownie points which buy him credit in terms of time. Yeah, fine for Tranmere and Wycombe to sack their managers but Slade deserves at least another month.

My expectation of Slade is that with our ground / home gates / squad / set-up we should be comfortably mid-table. 6th or 7th would be good, 14th / 15th mediocre.

In 27 games he's got us 30 points so, over a season, that's 51 points = flirting with, but avoiding, relegation. In fairness, with his own side assembled he could expect better in the next 27 games.

It tough to take after such a poor season last year but in the same way that we have to countdown to Falmer re the stadium I think we have to make do with what we've got as manager.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
from my INSIDE sources I have been told Slade has 5 more games to turn it around- minimum of 3 wins to keep his job.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What, so 2 wins, 3 draws and 5 unbeaten sees him get the chop?

I worry about these Dennis Wise stories...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
because according to some deluded people on here, we are the biggest club outside the Premiership

:lol:

Best club outside the premiership? Is that good enough for you?! I really despair!!! Why fans accepting such mediocrity? I don't want my club to be the best team outside the permiership, I want my team to be the best club in the universe and you lot are happy with "best outside the premiership"!?

I bet you're settling for such poor mediocrity just so you can look at yourself as a better fan for liking such a lowly club. But I want, nay, demand and expect more!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
From what I saw at Yeovil we do have a decent team but we just need to get a bit of momentum going. To even think of sacking a manager this early is utterly ridiculous as apart from anything else it just puts pressure on any new incumbent who will be looking over his shoulder after a couple of defeats.

Get real all you non believers, Slade is here for the long haul

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I just don't know what to think anymore.

I wanted Micky Adams to be given a lot more time when people were calling for his head at this stage of the season. I was sure things would improve under him but they never did and Slade did really well to keep us up. Now I want Slade to be given plenty of time because I think he could do really well here, but I don't want things to turn out like last season where we were fortunate to avoid relegation. If we left things that late again I don't think we'd be so lucky.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I think that failure to win in either of our next two games would be a clear turning point for a lot of people between a disappointing start from which we can recover, and another season of struggling at the wrong end of the table. No one wants that. But two wins out of 15 games is not good enough no matter what excuses you can come up with, especially when you've not played most of the teams towards the top of the division.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

But they were given time to build?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I didn't realise being better than Walsall, Exeter, Yeovil, Brentford and Orient was "expecting so much"...

My mistake.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank god you're not manager, with your aspirations of signing Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why do people keep saying everything is fine when we are in the bottom 4. if we dont start moving up it will be too late and we will struggle and flirt with relegation again next spring. Then next year becomes another year for rebuilding... Slade has to turn around now or he is not the man for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here