Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager latest

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
From the guy who knew about Gannon coming down:

Gannon is NOT out of the running, DK pushed for a quick decision and feels the rejection was a case of not saying no - just not now. Anyway apparently Dick feels there is still mileage in a Gannon u turn, especially in light of boardroom politics at Stockport.

Also know there is lot's of legal stuff going on about non-disclosure agreements as candidates (probably Gannon) are really looking into finances.

Not heard anymore on a timescale

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gannon was in Brighton on sunday visiting McNulty, any chance Dick kidnapped him for further discussions?! I hope so, but can't see it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I still hope its Gannon. even if he is only comming for the money. dont most people. Im sure if he does come down he will beome an albion hero just like Mcnulty.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If this is correct, then I can see the reasoning behind giving the guy sometime to have re-think, cos thats all it is at the moment as Gannon has made a decision and it was no. However, we are in need of a manager by tomorrow or friday at the latest.

Maybe, just maybe Knight has got back to Gannon (Sunday), told him to think on it, but we need an answer by say thursday. If not, then Slade for the rest of the season.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
If not, then Slade for the rest of the season.

slade_promo_470x394.jpg

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stockport forum had this quote from Gannon:

...in his interview on GMR said words to the effect of:

“When Hull and Swansea moved to new grounds they increased their fan bases and became bigger clubs. As bigger clubs they were able to invest in and improve their teams and so rose up the league.

It’s not often the team comes first and then the size of the club increases.”

--

I just wonder if he feels he can take us further than he can take Stockport but wants assurances on the financial side of things.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

“When Hull and Swansea moved to new grounds they increased their fan bases and became bigger clubs. As bigger clubs they were able to invest in and improve their teams and so rose up the league.

--

I just wonder if he feels he can take us further than he can take Stockport but wants assurances on the financial side of things.

Clutching at straws, I'd be amazed if he comes to us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So his wife not wanting to uproot the family was just a smokescreen then? I'm sure if we offer him enough we will prise him away from Stockport, I just hope he lives up to it if we're succesful in getting him.

It does seem odd that he'd make the journey this far south to visit an ex player, so if he was down here I wouldn't be even a little suprised if it was for further talks.

I doubt Gannon will be pushed into making a decision within a timescale again though, it must be obvious that we appear to need him more than he needs us

All this second guessing is getting a bit tiresome now though isn't it? :lol:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

--

That is quote is what he said on that "An Evening With Jim Gannon" show on BBC GMR the other Tuesday.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Has it not occured to anyone that he was waiting to see how we did in the following 2/3 games, to see if he had a realistic chance of keeping us up?

If we'd have thumped Crewe and Bristol Rovers I think that may have certainly helped "seal the deal" for us, rather than losing 0-4 to a fellow relegation candidate.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

--

I dont think he was saying that in reference to us. There are goings on with Stockport about the need for a new stadium etc. Their own Chairman visited Swansea the other day to see theirs. So rather than referring to us, it might be what ifs about Stockport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here