Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

management style

mansfieldwhippy

Dec 18, 2004
mansfield
does anyone else think that it is mark mcgee personally who is putting players off of coming to brighton or if they are any good staying, by the example or reputation of mcgee upsetting or not agreeing with his management style

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Yes I do and the latest fiasco has finally decided it for me. McGhee must go. I know Withdean is a shit hole but that didn't seem to stop Cullip, Zamora, Kuipers, Carpenter and plenty of others coming here. Its only since McGhee came that we've had trouble signing players.

It is obvious his reputation is stopping players coming here. The way Hull treated us over Burgess turned us into a laughing stock, saying he's not for sale then less than 24 hours late selling him to Blackpool. Three players/clubs turning us down in one day. Something is wrong AND ITS NOT JUST BLOODY WITHDEAN.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have to say that I am starting to wonder, it used to be that we had little or no trouble attracting players from a similar level or lower to what we were playing in at the time, youngsters or reserves from teams above. Now it seems like we have to go to teams like Braintree, no offence meant to Alex as he looks like one hell of a find, just to try and maintain numbers in our squad. Without our superb youth system we would be well and truly screwed, I am starting to think about moving from the no side of the fence when the debate about MM is running, we and he need a victory tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here